• Register Today It's free!

A/C Went out and I'm on Phoenix

plug

Reaction score
City, State
San Tan, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
It's about to be hell time in Phoenix (summer) and i have no A/C. The A/C stopped blowing cold months ago, but didn't really need to fix it in the winter. The Air still blows from the vents but it's just not cold. When i turn the A/C off i hear a "gurgling" noise and if i put some pressure on the A/C hose under the hood i can hear a leak coming from somewhere (sound like an air compressor letting our air.) Any advise? replace that hose? just recharge w/freon?

thanks
plug

Put some dye into the system to find the leak and go from there. Recharging the system won't do you any good until you find and fix the leak.

I'm not sure if it's leaking all the time. I don't think so, it only seemed to leak when i was pressing on the hose. But then again, my A/C doesn't work either so it probably does have a slow leak. How do i go about putting dye in the system?

thanks

The refridgerant eats the hose from the inside out, to put the dye in you will have to hook the canister to the low side port and let the compressor pull it in.

Back