A day in the Life of an Explorer Lover | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A day in the Life of an Explorer Lover

Mustangman66

Reaction score
City, State
Tolland CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 4dr Explorer, v6
decided to make my own thread

Hey, just wanted to introduce myself

my first car was 2003 blue ford explorer v6, base model (i can never rember if it is a xlt, or xls) i loved that car, never a single problem, easy to work on, drove it for 50,000 miles

0921091452.jpg

Then, unfortunately, i crashed... i was taking a shortcut to work down a gravel road, and slid sideways down into a ditch and into a tree and a bush of poison ivy... pulled the car out of the ditch, the thing was nearly totaled. front right fender destroyed, alignment screwed window gone, door non functional. window track destroyed. it was a mess to say the least

2010-07-21201707.jpg

so i pulled it out of the ditch. and started working. fixed the door, window, mirror and alignment for under $200 and sold the truck as is for 3 grand... "not bad" i said to myself. two days later, i was the proud owner of a 2003, blue, ford explorer, v6. but this one had a ton more features. power seats, leather steering wheel, automatic lights, third row seating, ect.

IMG_20100907_181307.jpg

i loved my old one so much, i knew i was going to love this one even more, but wanted to fix a few things. first change was a new Exsonic in dash dvd player. Then the unfortunate happened again... do to a Minor in Possession of Alcohol charge, i lost my license. since then, i've been doing a ton of work on it. first thing, a sub, and instead of losing the third row seating by putting it in the trunk, i removed the middle row's center seat and mounted two 10 inch subs where the seat used to be, and powered it with a alpine 500 watt amp. sounded great and i can still seat six. or drop all the seats, put a cover over the subs, and voila!!! Cargo space!!! total cost:$250 used on craigslist.

IMG_20100924_131028.jpg

after that, new speakers went in, pioneer KFC's, nothing too special.
now working on led lighting in the floor and on the doors.

and now here we are, present day...

i was very impressed with the amount of information that is available on this site... considering the brown wire mod, and the telescoping steering wheel mod... but haven't started those projects yet...

some of the other things i want to do are bull bars with running lights, halo style headlights and foglights, window tints, and rims... but thats a ways down the road...

so what do you guys think???

Looks good mate. G'day and welcome.

welcoem and nice x

Back