A few upgrades.. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A few upgrades..

I bet those look super good with the HIDS. Why would you not recommend running them off the same switch?

Well only bc youd need to upgrade the wiring and all to accomodate for the extra current for the new lights. If you look in the offroading section it tells you all about that kind of stuff. Plus personally I like being able to control what lights I want on.

IMG_0460.jpg
heres a pic of the 500s with HIDs in them. That was before I added my factory fogs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well only bc youd need to upgrade the wiring and all to accomodate for the extra current for the new lights. If you look in the offroading section it tells you all about that kind of stuff. Plus personally I like being able to control what lights I want on.

IMG_0460.jpg
heres a pic of the 500s with HIDs in them. That was before I added my factory fogs.

Okay, thanks ill read into that. But man, those are very bright! Nice job!

Will do! Im supposed to get it at the beginning of next week so i will be installing it as soon as i get it. Which brand were you looking into?

Just like Volant and K&N, I never found anyone else really, i like the enclosedness of the volant but yours has me thinking

I have the volant:
DSCF0465.jpg

nice x u got there

Jad and College Student- I really like both the K&N and the Volant. Dont get me wrong they are nice and seem to do a great job, but i got a pretty good deal on this Weapon intake and im hoping to give people more of an option on intakes for Exs. :thumbsup:

No your fine i'm still looking, and i sorta likey, did you ever get it installed?

Putting it on today! should have pics within a day or two!

alright sweet, then i'll probably steal your thread and have both of you talk about how you like them tehehe:D

weapon r

I know thus is an old thread, but I was wondering how the weapon r intake came out. I just got mine today and was hoping you had some pics to go by for the install?

FYI I've ran the cheaper weapon-R short ram system and with the filter provided I was extremely displeased; after only around 5,000 miles on PAVEMENT driving I decided to inspect and take after the whole intake system. I was shocked to find the entire inside of the short ram pipe coated in dust. Not just a slight layer but a rather significant amount! I don't know about the better system and filter but when it comes to preserving the life of your engine I would go with something known and trusted such as K&N. What I did was place a universal K&N filter on the Weapon pipe. 20k miles and no dust lining the intake pipe. Best of Luck and good job on the upgrades so far!

ok great. thanks for the info! I will def. be looking into changing to a universal K&N filter. I have one more question... I finally got the thing mounted right, and they sent me a short ram tub that connects to the end of the filter and replaced the stock tube that use to connect to the air box. It seem like the whole setup is too long and there is not enough room to get that little plastic tub to connect. Did you even bother with it? what year is your X?

Back