A funny story.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A funny story....

cskinner89

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Explorer XLT
My power windows stopped working (I posed a thread about it a little while ago) so when I was fixing them I thought I had it fixed and when I go to unlock the doors it ran the STARTER!!!! a true WTF!:eek::confused: moment lol!

Just thought I'd share this so you can laugh at me....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that's a new one on me. :bounce: :) :bounce:

The lock button Ran the starter?

You'd have to try VERY hard to cross this wires. As they are a good three feet away from each other

You sure you didn't have some kind of bout of Arm deslexia? Like instead of reaching out your left arm and hitting the button, you reached out your right arm and hit the ignition?

I actually figured out how I did it. Turns out the truck has an alarm with a starter kill relay (meaning when the alarm is going off or armed it "Kills" the starter) The starter kill and the unlock have the same colour wire. so when they crossed it gave the starter signal 12v and thus starting the truck

This is the first time that I've heard of this. It's a good thing that it wasn't accidentally left in gear. You could have ruined the starter, and flexplate if it happended while you were driving.

Ah. That was gonna be my next suggestion, a bad alarm module or somethin.

And Brooklyn's right, damn lucky you weren't in gear.

Glad you got that figured out, could have been some expensive repairs if it had been in gear. ^_^ Mine had an alarm in it, I ripped that out when I ran my amp.

I was verry lucky indeed! now I hear how bad things couldhave gone!

I think I'm going to put in a start engine button!

I would use the switched 12v from the ignition but instead of turning the key you press the button.

Any thoughts on doing this? Also my truck seems to have remote start (with the alarm) is there any way I can use a button with that so I dont have to poke around with the ignition?

And help would be great!

i have one as do others.

i think littlex did a write up on it try the search.

I did several searches. Anybody know the location of this thread?

Back