ExplorerDMB

Moderator/Technician
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Acura TL
I am looking for those gauge pods that you can put on your left A-Pillar. I've seen only one Explorer with them on Cardomain and I was wondering where to get some for a 2000 XLT. Any help would be nice!

-Drew

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Auto-meter makes a single and a double gauge A-pillar pod for the 2nd gen explorer.
P/N 15308 & 15309

perfect. All I really want is one for a trans temp gauge. Know a link or is it on their site?

-Drew

Or you can mount it using the AutoMeter Steering Column pod for a F150. I ordered mine from www.Jegs.com

774Hpim0181-med.jpg

Trckmagik - That looks good, but I like the a-pillar look. But i will keep that in mind. Did you have to do any modifying for it to fit your steering colum?

-Drew

No sir.... None at all.... And thanks :)

I got my pillar pod from Summit.

I have the collum pod too and I really like it but I have this one small beef.
( I am short remember )
With the location of the pod I can not see my left blinker and the brake warning light.
Not a major issue mind you, but I figured I would share this tid-bit.

they make some really nice gauges if you look around. some of the newer companies have some digital gauges that are two in one.

Thanks! I have those white reverse glow gauges, and Auto Meters Cobalt C-2 Gagues seem to be the ones I want to work with since the illumination is similar to the gauge cluster. Thanks everyone.

-Drew

So can you guys enlighten me on how I would go about installing a tranny temp guage??? I looked at auto meters site and they mentioned having to possibly drill a hole!!! I'm hoping that i don't need to do that...

Mine is installed in the housing for the aux tranny filter; works great.

aldive said:
Mine is installed in the housing for the aux tranny filter; works great.

I suggest doing it that way also. The filter assambly is not that expensive nor is it hard to install. Plus it has the port to install the sender.

I thought there was a T-fitting that came with it that you just brake into your line with? Atleast thats how a guy at works B&M one worked.

-Drew

ExplorerDMB00 said:
I thought there was a T-fitting that came with it that you just brake into your line with? Atleast thats how a guy at works B&M one worked.

-Drew
Yes, the B&M guage comes with a T-fitting (2 actually: 3/8" and 5/16") to put somewhere in the hard line. I've got a brand new B&M gauge sitting around if anyone is interested. P/N 80212

Attachments

• bmm-80212.jpg
    bmm-80212.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 294

Back