A-piller Guage pods? | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A-piller Guage pods?

I have posted picture in my gallery..... check it out. It was taken at night... not real sharp... more to come later.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Look at this, This is a crude idea of what I am doing with mine. I will be making everything into the piller one piece.

210038_103_full.jpg

210038_104_full.jpg

This is the Page to see the rest:http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=210038&page=2

I believe Summit also makes pods for the passenger side pillar.... would they be available for Exlorer? Instead of putting too much on the driver side we could throw an additional pod on the other side....

BTW... I looked at the oil pan...... I'm afraid I will not be able to install damn sender in there.... Oil pan is not steal.... not possible to weld necessary adapter. I was thinking that perhaps I'll be able to pop one of the engine block plugs and weld the adapter into that.... question is which one?

Originally posted by Dre
I believe Summit also makes pods for the passenger side pillar.... would they be available for Exlorer? Instead of putting too much on the driver side we could throw an additional pod on the other side...

So you going to have the passenger keep you up to date on your levels? LOL :p

no... LOL.. they describe it as perfect for the right hand drive vehicles or simply for show-off...

I don't need anymore gauges. Out of two that I installed none are currently hooked-up due to lack of time totally....

I can't drill and weld the oil pan... it's not steel. Looks like looking for the alternate hook-up might be in the works... there was something about a hhok-up in the Mustang a while back.... what was it?

Originally posted by Black Magic
But show might me cool.
I think you'd get more people saying "what the f*** is that for?" than people saying "hey, that's cool!" :)

but... don't we get this reaction once in a while anyway?
:rolleyes:

some people just don't understand.

Sometimes I think: Why do I spend so much money modifying my ride?? there's nothing wrong driving it the way it came from the factory... there's got to be something man....

driving something different than all the boring trucks out there is a nice feeling... all those stares, people chasing you just to ask you a few questions about your truck... and when I take it off-road... people often times ask me why I modified an Explorer???....??? why not a Jeep? I don't know!! there's just something about Explorers that I like.... it's an Explorer thing you know.

yes, but why?!?!?!

Well after all this time here is what I have. The pods all plastic welded to the Apiller now. I am going to smooth it all out with some fiber glass and then paint it with Suede paint, it matches the texture of the interior. Then on with the Guages!

Pics:

DSC02341.jpg

DSC02342.jpg

DSC02360.jpg

Looks like what I wanted from the start! I am proud of my self again!

atm-12101_m.jpg

Looks good, BM!

Question: Does anybody know what size T fitting I'll need for the oil pressure gauge? What size is the stock sender? I'm taking a trip to Home Depot, but don't know what to look for. Anybody need anything while I'm there?:D

I'd tell you, but I'm too jealous because you have a V8 :p

Actually, I do know... if i remember right

but I have the SOHC

Nice, if that dash pod doesn't materialize I may do something like that...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back