About the disconnect my battery for HID install... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

About the disconnect my battery for HID install...

JasonBourne

Reaction score
City, State
Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Eddie Bauer
is there anything I should know before moving forward? Anything special I need to do after reconnecting? My buddy had a car and he had all sorts of wierd things he had to do after installing his HID's and reconnecting the batt. I dont want to be surprised :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not as long as you hook them up right...should just be plug and play right?

What kit did you order?

Sounds good to me.

I ordered a Xentec kit for my low beams and fog lights. 6000k color. My last car had Xentec's and they worked great. I also went with 8000k in my last car and it was too blue for me. I thought it looked really tacky (lol). Speaking of tacky, I was driving home last night and this guy had the most BLUE HID's I had ever seen (mid 90's Ram). It was ridiculous how terrible it looked! i mean these were blue to the max and did not seem like they lit up the road very well...

Well I used to want those too, back when I first started driving, I had it in my head that blue was the bomb. Now that I realize the HUGE difference in output, and how horribly cheap and pitiful the blue makes the car look, I usually stick around 5000k-6000k.

Make sure you aim your lights though, otherwise youre really gonna blind oncoming traffic :) They'll still catch some glare, but at least it wont be blinding the whole time your coming against them.

I was the same way back during my "hot import night" days. I had to have the bluest HID lights available. I never got around to getting them since I was a broke student but over the years I noticed exactly what you said, it make it look SUPER cheap and cheesy. To each his/her own I suppose but... Just not for me. :)

And thanks for the aiming suggestion. Will do.

Success! That took all but 15 minutes. Getting those tabs to pop up was a pain but I succeeded. So much better than the plain jane bulbs. Wish I had my fogs here to I could have done both but in due time.

Speaking of which, how easy is the fog light install? The low beam was a breeze. I have a feeling the fog lights are more involved

Well, looks like I need a replay harness. Kind of a bummer as I was hoping I would not need one. My last car required one too and I should have gone with that instinct and just ordered it from the start. Oh well, I can deal with a few days of light flickering.

Back