abs light and advance trac off light came on when it was cold out | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

abs light and advance trac off light came on when it was cold out

vioc34

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer XLT
Hi everybody, this morning it was 5 degrees outside and when i left for work my ex felt like it had no power, when i gave it a little gas nothing happened until my abs light and check advance trac light came on then the car drove normally. I pulled over, turned it off and when i started it back up there were no codes and the truck drove fine. I have no idea what it could be, the front wheel bearing were both replaced about a month ago and I just changed out the rear diff and transfer case fluid (doing the front diff this friday). Has anybody had this happen to them before? Any help would be appreciated.

My airbag light was faint (not on solid, it did NOT blink, etc) yesterday morning and flickered for about 2-3 minutes, went off. Didn't return. Read on this forum that is normal due to low voltage.
The HVAC system seemed to just blast on by itself as well.

Yours sounds like low voltage. My Ford Freestyle/500 were a real treat when the battery/alt. were going to die. Talk about a production (every dash light on, the radiator fan was loud, harsh shifting into drive, etc).

By the way, no throttle response is due to the electronic throttle not receiving enough power (as was the case in my FS/500)

I had it happen 2-3 times.

Back