ABS light & intermittent dashboard light issues with a 2006 Explorer. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ABS light & intermittent dashboard light issues with a 2006 Explorer.

Tesslea

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer
We purchased a used 2006 Explorer for our son last year. Now he is having a weird problem.

When he is driving it the swerve, abs lights come on, then the radio and dash control panel showing mileage and what not just go off. It keeps running and it keeps doing that off and on, going dead coming back on... My husband thinks it is a fuse but I don't. I believe there is some kind of either computer chip and/or electrical problem. Something more serious and more expensive. The abs light coming on really worries me. Our son is a very good driver never a problem with him but if there is some problem with the brakes on the vehicle I don't want him in it.

I really don't think it is a fuse.... Anyone who knows what this is will be most appreciated. Thank you for any/all advice.

Welcome to this forum! Your thread was renamed to indicate the issues that you're having with your vehicle. Check the charging system, and clean the battery terminals. Apply an antioxidant to the contacts.

Back