• Register Today It's free!

ABS Light On - After Lift

VIPERXLT

Reaction score
City, State
LOS ANGELES CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 SPORT
This weekend I installed the ProComp 3" lift kit on my X. After everything was installed, I took it for a test drive and the anti-lock brake light came on. Has anyone encounter this problem before? I did notice that the sensor for the anti-lock brake did not sit as close to the rotor as the stock spindle. What does the sensor do exactly? Any help would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's your problem bro you need to repostion your sensor to make sure they sit flush and as close to the disk as when it was stock. The abs sensor's send signle's to your comp and tell it if the wheel is about to brake free of the road bascally help you form going out of control because you wheel's broke if your sensor are not postion right you will get the abs light because the comp is not getting fed back from the sensor's. I had my 3" procomp lift done and mine were fine thank GOD for that but my bro's where off and ever time he would stop his x would shack real bad he brong it back to the shop and they said one of the sensor's where off they just lined it back up and they work great. Allso you did not cross over you sensor did you the driver side censor sayed on the drivers side and so on you can mix them up because they are allready calibrated for that side and that disk.

Well i hope that help's a little bro

Just try reseating you sensor make sure they sit right and are straight in the socket's if it's still doing it call where you got your lift and tell them you have you abs light on and you notice that the sensor is not sitting right in the new spindle. Or you are stuck bring ing it in so they can read the code and that will tell you what it is. I did have a problm with my passenger side sensor what it was doing was when i would hit m brake it would make my abs pump go crazy and what it was thet wire wire was cut once before and dirt got in to the cheesey connecters they pu ton i just cleaned them up and soldier the wire and had no problem's sence thank the Lord again. I think i am still going to buy new sensor's but if you do that you have to buy both side so they calibrated together.

Well later let us know how it turn's out

Good look bro i know abs ANTI BRAKE SYSTEMS are a pain

Delfino Gabriel Mendez

Solution

Thanks for the information 'explorer97'. I checked my sensors and it turns out that both of them were misaligned. The reason is because on the new spindles there is not enough room for the sensor wire to tuck into the sensor cut off. I used a longer bolt and two 1/4" flat washers. The washers were placed between the sensor and the spindle. The sensor now sits a little further back but its no longer misaligned…Hope this one helps anyone with the same problem…

Cool No Problem i hope that work's let us know if it does so other can us this good info if they run in to the same problem

Delfino Gabriel Mendez

Seems like the ABS problem is still not fixed. After the sensors where aligned the light went off. However the light comes back when the speedometer hits about 40 mph. It takes about 1-2 min after the car has been on for the light to activate on the dash. Does anyone have any ideas?

Hummm you know bro your best bet is to bring it in to a brake shop so they can put it on the computer and tell you what really is happing you might have to buy new sensor but i really don't see why but bring it in bro i am pretty sure there comp can tell you what really worng i mean we know it has to do with the sensors i think they have to be very close allmost touching well let me know wacth your going to do ok bro.

Hope you get it fixed i know that is a bummer

Delfino Gabriel Mendez

Woohoo
Ok, after messing with the sensors for a while I got tired and took off the rotors. I got some gunk spray cleaned the inner ABS wheel and poof the light has gone away completely. Whats weid is that the wheel did not have too much crap on it. Maybe one clogged opening could have made the difference. Thanx for the help guys....

No Problem bro any time i am just glad that you got it fixed that abs stuff can be a really pain in the you know what.

Delfino Gabriel Mendez :redexp: :D

Back