abs light

nicco96

Reaction score
City, State
sparks nv
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xlt
i have a 96 explorer 4x4 the abs light is on. i have changed all the sensors
and checked all the leads and connections fuse's are all good. what do i do next?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You are just wasting your money by replacing all those parts. You need to get the codes from the abs system to help you diagnose the problem.

i had to replace the sensors any how i put new hubs. is there a way to pull the codes with out taking it in?

So I was looking through the scan tools that advance sells and some of the scanners can now read ABS codes. So I called Advance and they had upgraded their scanners so that they can now pull the ABS codes. I had them pull the one on mine, replaced the part that was faulty, and so far so good. Just letting everyone know that the dealership isn't your only option anymore to have your ABS code read. At least the parts stores here are upgrading their scanners to read ABS codes. I called around and 3 of the stores had the scanners that could read the ABS codes now.

was it the sensor in the rear differential?thats usually the problem .could have saved tons of money on those hubs.

Back