• Register Today It's free!

ABS Module Calibration

tbs2015

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ford Explorer EB
2007 EB 4.0L with a C1991 code which indicates calibrationtion failure. I also have the SERVICE RSC NOW with the traction light lit. The alarm chimes approximately every 5 minutes of driving for 30 seconds. Very annoying.

I rented a scanner from Autozone and got a C1991 code. The scanner was able to clear the code but in less than a second the code reappears and the alram sounds. Not being fully confident I took it to NTB where they did the full diagnosis and came up with same code and they said to go to Ford service for calibration.

There is not much online about how to calibrate an ABS module for Explorers. Perhaps I am not looking hard enough. There is a FORScan that does a lot of but I do not know if it does ABS calibration for 2006 to 2010 Explorer.

Anyone have any done this calibration or am I in the mercy of Ford service department?

2007 EB 4.0L with a C1991 code which indicates calibrationtion failure. I also have the SERVICE RSC NOW with the traction light lit. The alarm chimes approximately every 5 minutes of driving for 30 seconds. Very annoying.

I rented a scanner from Autozone and got a C1991 code. The scanner was able to clear the code but in less than a second the code reappears and the alram sounds. Not being fully confident I took it to NTB where they did the full diagnosis and came up with same code and they said to go to Ford service for calibration.

There is not much online about how to calibrate an ABS module for Explorers. Perhaps I am not looking hard enough. There is a FORScan that does a lot of but I do not know if it does ABS calibration for 2006 to 2010 Explorer.

Anyone have any done this calibration or am I in the mercy of Ford service department?

I have not had that problem but I checked Forscan lite (phone app) and it can do the IVD initialization and I am pretty sure the computer program can too. Here is some more information I found on the system
Midtown Auto Service and Repair-Houston,Tx-Car Care Blogs » Integrated Vehicle Dynamics (IVD)

when I replaced my cluster and pcm my abs module had the vin mismatch and before checking I swapped out the abs module I then had to use forscan to do the auto bleed function where I then noticed that the program had like 4 options for programming and calibrating the abs module.... it was just short of a nightmare getting the pump out and back in so I hope you fix it with a simple software option

Back