ABS trouble | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ABS trouble

code3ta25

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Ford Ranger
Hey guys, today I replaced the rear diff cover on my truck ('99 Ranger) due to it being almost rotted through, so I decided to replace the rear ABS sensor while I was back there. My ABS light has been on for some time due to code C1230, Rear ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction.

However, after changing the sensor and getting about half way home the light came back on. When I got home, I plugged in my scan tool (which reads ABS DTC's) and it gave me the following codes:

C1233 - Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor Input Signal Missing
C1102 - Acceleration switch circuit failure

It also gave me C1230, which is the same one it gave me initially, which I thought I had fixed after changing the rear sensor. Anyone have any ideas on what might be going on?

Code3,
If your getting a LF wheelspeed sensor and don't have enough funds to replace everything, (like me) then you should find the connector on the ABS and swap the pins for left and right sensors and retest. If the code follows to report a RF then you know it's the sensor or circuits. If it stays then it's the module. Again: only swap for testing. Imagine the madness that could come from your truck locking one wheel, and thinking it is the other wheel. Holy rollover due to incorrect ABS Batman.

Back