AC High Pressure Line Replace. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

AC High Pressure Line Replace.

juicemanfta

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 V8 Limited.
Has anyone had any problem with their AC line? I recently got my 2003 ford explorer limited in December and now as it started to warm up I tested the AC. Then when I got home I hear this hissing sound coming from the passenger side. When I looked under the truck I saw this green oil leaking. It seems like I have a hair line crack in the AC line that is going to the back of the truck. The line is leaking right where the line is bolted to the body behind the passenger side wheel.

Has anyone replace this line before? I called ford and they quote me $183CAN for it but another ford quote me $326CAN. I want to replace this line soon. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The line is rusted.

I removed the clamp holding the AC line where the elbow (90deg) bend is behind the front passenger wheel. It seems like salt rotted the aluminium pipe. Is this a known problem with the AC lines? BTW I have a 2003 explorer limited.

I don't have experience with that particular setup so cannot offer much advice with specifics. But what a replacement will entail is the new line (unknown cost) and the time to recover any remaining charge, then removing the old line and replacing with new, evacuating the system and recharging it.

The $183 sounds like the cost of the HP line and time to r&r it. The $326 sounds like the entire job. Ask the $186 place if that price includes recharging the system.

re; ac line

Same problem here. After a front end accident, the air was never right, now its getting hot and the Ford garage said the rear passenger ac line was rotted out, they wanted $1200 US to replace, needless to say its gettin really warm here in SC. Anyone have a pdf for replacing the line???:(

Has anyone replace this line themselves? I am worried about the connector i.e. if it requires any special tool to replace it. I did not get my line yet I am just waiting to cross the US border to pick it up.

If the line is structurally sound, I would have it repaired, considering the cost for the new part. To buy it or check more, look at the several on line parts sources. Good luck,

Back