Accel Super Coil with Brass Secondary Contacts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Accel Super Coil with Brass Secondary Contacts

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm sure that any brand of performance coils will produce a strong spark. This company (Accel) has been in business for a long time, as well as MSD, Jacobs, Moroso, etc. just to name a few performance coil brands. Here is a picture of the one in the link:
I_284164_CL_1.jpg

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy is my wife going to be mad at you for posting this....I can hear it now.."You bought another (insert choice adjetive here) thing for that (insert another choice adjetive here) truck?" I asked MSD if they had a replacement for the stock ford ones and they said no. I thought about making one from 6 coils, it is easy enough to do. I am glad to see that Accel is offering one. I plan to upgrade the ignition system from stock to MSD next year. It will be cost about 400 if I can get the controller from ebay and the 2 adapters and this coil pack should work good with it.

Buy her something she likes first. Then, buy this for yourself. ;)

Jakee said:
Buy her something she likes first. Then, buy this for yourself. ;)

Ahhh the old diversionary tactic. :thumbsup:

Then there is the "I'm just replacing a part that is about to go bad." That works a couple of times per vehicle and only on under hood parts. ;)

Yeah.

Or, this will make gas milage better honey?

chriswells78 said:
Ahhh the old diversionary tactic. :thumbsup:

Then there is the "I'm just replacing a part that is about to go bad." That works a couple of times per vehicle and only on under hood parts. ;)

Shh you are not supposed to tell all of the secrets on the internet. Our spouses can log on to ya know.

Well if yours is anything like mine they do the same thing.

"honey, I have a meeting on monday and need new clothes"

95% of the closet is her's, half of which, still has tags. ;)

yeah it works alright if you use the stock wires but to get an actual difference you need to upgrade the wireset also i bought the 10mm ones off of summit cant remember the maker anymore but they are the only ones that make it. also to top it all off i ran the e3 diamond fire spark plugs not only did i notice a giant jump in gas mileage but good increase in power also

Back