accessories | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

accessories

GregM

Reaction score
I have a 1991 Explorer XLT. In the next few months I plan on adding minor accessories like a bug deflector, rear air deflector, headlight covers, and a billet grille, hopefully more serious modifications when I get a little cash. Anyway I was hoping somebody could tell me if headlight covers are drilled in or just snap on, and if they are easy to remove for night driving. Also if anyone can recommend any particular brand bug deflector and rear air deflector I would appreciate it.
Thanks, Greg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Most headlight protectors are either snap on or attached with 3M double sided tape. I haven't seen any yet that requiers drilling but I may be wrong. If you are looking for a bug guard or air deflector I think they are all about the same. Just personal opion about the looks. Check out this link for those they have alot good ones.
Dead Link Removed

Hope that helps

------------------
Scott Bauer
'91 Eddie Bauer

I have found that for misc. parts like the bug deflecter and such the best place to go is your local NAPA parts store. They actually have a pretty decent price, and best of all they are all lifetime guaranteed! They even carry the headlight protectors. They have the clear and the smoke lenses and they attach with velcro so you can remove them if you want to. Anyway just a thought!

Try www.explorerexpress.com also. I remove my bug deflector, it makes to much wind noise. I ordered them from Performance products. I suggest if you are going to order a bug deflector, avoid the big bulky one and try to get the one that hugs the hood.

------------------
1997 XLT, V6 SOHC
NY State of Mind

I have a Profile + bug deflector that wraps around the hood. I like it and it looks good except every time I work under the hood I hit my head on the pointy corner that sticks out. I got it from Auto Zone.

------------------
Brian
91 XLT 4x4

I have GTS headlight and taillight covers.

The headlight covers basically "squeeze" on. the bottom goes under the ligth and the top goes in between the light and hood. It fits pretty snugly.

The taillights covers have these plastic velcros that attach with 3M tape so you can remove them to clean them.

Hope this helps.
Mat

------------------
1992 Ford Explorer XLT
Interested in trucks..?
Me too. Check out my web page.
MatnChad.com
www.matnchad.com

Funny as it is but on my prvious Explorer I installed a bug deflector from a Jeep Cherokee. Why? It was free. I had no problems with it with noise or anything and it looked great.
As far as light covers? I wouldn't put them on anyway but.....that's just my opinion. Those covers might cost you as much as the K&N filter and I think filter will be a better investment.
Just my 2 cents.

Later,

------------------
Andre Hryn
94 Limited
http://www.inter-kiosk.com

hey,
Walmart sells some that are pretty cheap. should check them out. i know the window visors i bought where.

Back