add-a-leaf & shackles | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

add-a-leaf & shackles

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are monoleaf addaleaves, but it's better and easier just to go the 4door leaf route. Some sports (94- and 01+) have leaf packs that an aal will work with, but they are weaker than 4door packs.

MO_Guy:

Go ahead and do the single aal and shackles if you want, or just do the double aal kit. Bring up the front as much as you can and then later if you want add a body lift.

ok so since ive got a 2000, and you said they have monoleaf add a leafs for 94 and under and the 01 and up, i guess i should just get some 4 door leafs and install them, then buy the add a leaf for a 4 door, is there any fabrication needed to be done when the 4 door leafs are added?

No, straight bolt on.

Or just get OME leaves with 2" already in them. Would be easier and the same price in the longrun as getting 4door leaves, aal, and shackles.

actually i was thinking if i had to do the 4 door leafs i would just call up some salvage yards and find some from a 2nd gen X and see what they would sell for, and since its a drawback and a bit time consuming i probably wont do the leafs til spring, im just gathering information right now

Just to stick my nose in here.

I was thinking of going to the AAL to give me an 1.5" or so. Will that not work on my '91 Navajo (aka Sport)? I'm not sure I understood some of the byplay here about the Sports.

why are there two nuts for 1 bolt in an AAL kit? Do i use both of them when i install these? (2 bolts are goldish in color and two are black)

Use whichever centerbolt has the head that's closest to stock size (I think I used the big one) and use whichever nut fits.

Back