Add-A-Leaf | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Add-A-Leaf

Is the Summit short add-a-leaf added to the existing spring pack (thus becomes the bottom fourth leaf) on a 93 or do you remove the shortest OEM spring and replace it with the shorter add-a-leaf? Please pardon such a simple question... Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the bottom leaf is often refered to as the overload spring. i kept mine and put the addaleaf in as th esecond from teh bottom. i also got a leaf spring clamp to keep the springs from spreading horizantally.

Buchvilleman: Thanks. I was not considering the overload spring. My mistake. But like you, I would put it between the overload spring and the third spring. Where did you find a spring clamp that looks like OEM?
Mike

i got mine from discount. they dont look original as they were stainless steel so painted them black.

Hey guys. I am only looking for about an inch or two of rear lift without changeing ride quality much...any suggestions?

95XLT: I am looking at Hellwig's helper springs, progessive series, which are supposed to affect ride quality the least. Also I am looking at air-shocks, however, these transfer the load to the shock mounts, rather than leaf springs. Perhaps someone has used Hellwig's helper springs and could give us their comments as to ride quality. Mike

Back