Add navigation???? 08 Explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Add navigation???? 08 Explorer

Sorry - I did not read all of the thread - you are correct, however, it is two different issues! He should buy the Lojack.

Do the other Navs have a traceable feature to them?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do the other Navs have a traceable feature to them?
I have no idea. Even if they do, wouldn't an expensive Nav be one of the first things removed / unplugged?

Sorry

You are correct!

Sorry - I did not remember nor did I read back in the thread.

I am not totally satisfied with the factory since my Garmin seems to be superior.

I got the ford nav. off Ebay for $650 and the antenna was another $15. You also need the nav. DVD as well and runs $50-$100. You may have to reprogram it based on your setup which runs another $100. And that's not counting if you want Sirrus.
where did you get the gps antenna for your nav system for $15? I just bought an oem nav system for my 2008 XLT and I need to get an antenna for it, the dealers want like $100. Are all of the Ford gps antenna's compatible or do they only work with certain models? My new Nav HU is part number 8L2T-18K931-BA. Any help would be appreciated.

I got it off ebay. Do a search "ford navigation antenna" there's a couple universal ones that work with the ford unit. Just make sure the plug matches the back of the unit.

Back