• Register Today It's free!

Adding a light to center console?

Born2Golf

Reaction score
City, State
Smithtown NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014, Explorer XLT
Hi All, I have a 2014 XLT. I find the center console storage area very dark. I don't believe there is a light in the deep well (if there is mine isn't working), and I have added a tray to the top of the well for smaller storage. However, when opening the armrest at night, it's very dark. Has anyone added any aftermarket gadgets to illuminate this area?

Hi All, I have a 2014 XLT. I find the center console storage area very dark. I don't believe there is a light in the deep well (if there is mine isn't working), and I have added a tray to the top of the well for smaller storage. However, when opening the armrest at night, it's very dark. Has anyone added any aftermarket gadgets to illuminate this area?
The Manual doesn't list a bulb for the console storage area. Here is my solution and I carry it in the console all the time. Requires no drilling, cutting or wiring.:)

P1150045b.jpg

The Manual doesn't list a bulb for the console storage area. Here is my solution and I carry it in the console all the time. Requires no drilling, cutting or wiring.:)

That is the exact same thing I have in my center console but mine is black. It fits in the tray thats in there perfectly and I take it out when needed. Very simple solution indeed :)

No kidding a light would be nice, gmc has it all figured out.

Back