Adhesive for Rear Glass Lift Brackets (Fusor 143??) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Adhesive for Rear Glass Lift Brackets (Fusor 143??)

v8_dave

Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Explorer, '05 Exped
Hello, well my 2002 explorer rear glass exploded driving down the highway, surprise! Recall was done in 2006 to add new lift strut brackets and hinges (early model year 2002). But the recall was done improperly or is not effective. My mistake for not having full glass coverage.

I purchased a used early 2002 rear tailgate for $180 which I am taking the glass from, but it does not have the recall done, even though a dealer put in the system that they did it, surprise.

So I purchased a recall kit which comes with everything (hinges, brackets, primer and even a scotchbrite pad) but no adhesive. The recall 04S20 calls for Fusor #143 epoxy adhesive for the ball stud brackets on the glass. I cannot justify spending $19 for a tube and $69 for a applicator gun for one shot.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a substitute? Ford is no help here. I was thinking some basic $3.99 epoxy but want to do this job right. This #143 they want me to use is primarily marketed as bumper repair adhesive.

Thanks

-Dave

2002 Explorer V8 Eddie Bauer

Back