advance trac warning | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

advance trac warning

We have had the pleasure of owing a 2013 explorer sports since march of 2013. Its been trouble free except the hood needing to be repainted because of the aluminum under the paint corroding.

Tonight my wife calls me frantic, Service warning came up - service traction control and service advanced trac or something like that came up on the dash...

Has anyone seen this yet??

Dave

I have issue also...service for 2 days...still not fixed...hall happened the next day and every day after being in service

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bam7722.... please see my recent post about my 2013 Ford Explorer and AdvanceTrac alert and transmission slipping. Did you find out anything more about the AdvanceTrac service alert when you took it into the dealer? My alert sounded, alert lights came on, and suddenly I was out of "Drive" and probably in Neutral, but there were no lights on my transmission console. I only assume because my engine revv'ed when I gave it gas.

13 explorer

Just bought a used 13 explorer with 24K on it, had it a week and wife noticed the light on, drove off and barely made it out of the driveway, rig had no power and she limped back home and barely got it parked on street, wasn't able to drive up the driveway.

At the dealer now- we traded our 06 Grand Caravan that looked pretty hideous but never left us stranded. The Ex will be fully covered but still a pain in the butt- and the rental they gave us... a town and country minivan :) she wasn't thrilled... I'll get the diagnosis next week, but they said main module of many modules

Warning, advance track

When I shift from drive to park, I get a warning, Service Advance Track. What would cause this? I would like to give a grand thanks to all that can help. Pete.

Hi emers7mm! I'm so sorry for the delay in replying! I had no idea someone posted to this thread! Also, I had total hip replacement in July, so I've been off the grid for about a month.

Anyway, YES.... if you haven't had the dealer figure out the issue, have them REPLACE the RANGE SENSOR. After many calls between the dealer and Ford Service, it was discovered this Range Sensor was bad, and is part of the transmission and was throwing out a circuit failure of some sort which was making everything else set off alerts. They replaced the part and to date I have had no issues whatsoever.

ALSO, DON'T PAY FOR IT!!!! It's something in the car and Ford Service made an agreement with my dealer that it was a faulty part and I was not charged for anything.

Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

Service Advance Trac message 2015 Explorer

So I've had the car for only 1 week and tonight when starting the car I got a message stating to service the AdvanceTrac and the stability control system off lights were on in the instrument cluster. I tried to turn traction control on through the menu settings, but the box was unchecked and I couldn't check it to turn it on.

Light stayed on for about 5 minutes then just turned off on its own, and the traction control box was checked on again on its own.

Any ideas?

RLWSNOOK,

I am sorry this is happening. I am glad that you brought it to the dealer to have it diagnosed, it's the best thing you can do with it being so new. Please keep us posted on the forum in case this is not an isolated event. If I see/hear anything on the forum that sounds similar, I'll be sure to let you know.

Seni
I currently am experiencing this problem with my 2013 Ford Explorer. Have Ford found the cause of the problem and identified a fix? Is there a TSB out there? I am in Canada and have called up a couple of dealers but they can only suggest to bring it for diagnosis when the fault code comes on for prolonged period. I have been getting "Service Advance Trac" warning intermittently and have yet had it fully checked.

Hello,

Hi RLWSNOOK,

I have a 2013 Ford Explorer and currently experiencing this problem of the "Service Advance Trac" coming on. It comes on and off. I noticed sometimes when I satrt my car int eh morning and it has been raining it would come on. It is intermittent.
Can you describe what exactly is the part that was replaced (#BB5Z*14B321*)?
Did the dealer cover under warranty or service bulletin? Or did you have to cover the cost?

Regards.

The dealer finally got the part in they ordered and the issue was fixed. Both the advancetrac and the air bag light went off, apparently they are controlled by the same part which had gone bad. So if yours goes off it's likely the same issue.

Part #BB5Z*14B321*A was replaced, and this fixed the issue.

The biggest issue is the service guys don't really have everything from ford about how to work on the new explorer. So they might get a problem like mine, and not have any idea what to do. Which was the case for my vehicle.

I currently am experiencing this problem with my 2013 Ford Explorer. Have Ford found the cause of the problem and identified a fix? Is there a TSB out there? I am in Canada and have called up a couple of dealers but they can only suggest to bring it for diagnosis when the fault code comes on for prolonged period. I have been getting "Service Advance Trac" warning intermittently and have yet had it fully checked.

Hi sgs13explorer,

Send me a private message with your VIN, odometer reading, full name; I'll see if there are any outstanding recalls/TSB's available for your Explorer.

Thanks,

Mathieu

Hi RLWSNOOK,

I have a 2013 Ford Explorer and currently experiencing this problem of the "Service Advance Trac" coming on. It comes on and off. I noticed sometimes when I satrt my car int eh morning and it has been raining it would come on. It is intermittent.
Can you describe what exactly is the part that was replaced (#BB5Z*14B321*)?
Did the dealer cover under warranty or service bulletin? Or did you have to cover the cost?

Regards.

Looks like it is an airbag control module, and costs about $450 if you buy it from the service counter.

New Problem!! Servie Advance trac

Today my 2012 xlt explorer give me a service advance trac and the trac warning light is on as well. I read some of the other post and seen one where a weak battery could cause this. I was washing it and when i went to restart it the batter was weak and drug cranking. Any thoughts and help will be greatly appreciated.

well this stupid light just came on. Anyone ever had this problem??
-chuck
330BB2B9-C4D1-45C4-BDA4-36948242F38B.jpg

well this stupid light just came on. Anyone ever had this problem??
-chuck
Your thread has been merged with this one.

New Problem!! Servie Advance trac

Today my 2012 xlt explorer give me a service advance trac and the trac warning light is on as well. I read some of the other post and seen one where a weak battery could cause this. I was washing it and when i went to restart it the batter was weak and drug cranking. Any thoughts and help will be greatly appreciated.
Be sure and top up battery fluid level it will recover somewhat. My dealer was not doing it. Just checking it off the list.

I have two ongoing issues with my 2014 Ford Explorer Limited. The Service Advance track and ABS lights randomly come on. The issue has been occurring off and on for more than 1 year. I reported it to my dealer but they said they can't do anything about it unless the vehicle is currently doing it. I showed them pictures to prove it was occurring but their answer didn't change. This past weekend the lights came on approximately 10 different times. I also occasionally get a message that my vehicle is not in Park when I turn off the Vehicle ignition. Sometimes I have to turn the vehicle off an on several times before the warning goes away. Anyone experience either of these issues? Is there a known fix for either of them?

I have two ongoing issues with my 2014 Ford Explorer Limited. The Service Advance track and ABS lights randomly come on. The issue has been occurring off and on for more than 1 year. I reported it to my dealer but they said they can't do anything about it unless the vehicle is currently doing it. I showed them pictures to prove it was occurring but their answer didn't change. This past weekend the lights came on approximately 10 different times. I also occasionally get a message that my vehicle is not in Park when I turn off the Vehicle ignition. Sometimes I have to turn the vehicle off an on several times before the warning goes away. Anyone experience either of these issues? Is there a known fix for either of them?
Looked at your Battery terminals??

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
For the Shift to Park issue I found the following thread using the Forum's handy 'Search' feature in the upper right. There isn't much here that hasn't already been discussed;
http://www.explorerforum.com/xenforo/index.php?threads/shift-to-park-warning.375462/
You will have to replace the shifter.
For the other issue, did the dealer check to see if any trouble codes were stored?

Peter

My experience with dealers has been hit or miss like yours - even at the same dealer I have found it depends on the service advisor you happen to get. For example, I had an issue that one service advisor blew off and wouldn't put on the work order and then when I brought the vehicle in a few weeks later for something else, I was being written up by a different advisor and I mentioned the same issue and they added it to the work order and ultimately identified that it was a problem and fixed it.

I would suggest trying a different advisor or even different dealer as they should at least hook the vehicle up to verify if the issue stored a code. I have had several warnings pop up (with and without MIL illuminated) that stored a code and the shop was able to confirm there was a problem even if the MIL wasn't on when it came into the shop. I have also had other shops say they wouldn't even do anything if the MIL wasn't on...Good luck.

When I had the service advancetrac message and other warning lights on my 2017 PIU, it had a stored code in the RCM (restraints control module) about a yaw sensor issue and the RCM was replaced.

Well that was bad... but could of been worse.
Went on a roadtrip and after 2 hours on the road my 2011 Ex w 99k miles lit up like a xmas tree. Advance Trac warning and Power Steering warning.
I was going up a big long hill of over 1,000 feet of elevation gain (going easy at 55mph), ambient temperature had gone from 60s in Phoenix to 38 once we passed Payson, speed limits for the last 20 miles were 55mph, 2 month old baby in the back, my wife as copilot, loaded hitch rack in the back, along with a bike rack, and full size spare tire on the roof (since I am running 31.5" tires with the traxda lift).
My wife reads the manual and we see "go to the dealership immediately for service". I noticed my power steering was stiffer, but everything else seemed fine. We pulled over a couple minutes later so I could google it, of course the explorerforum thread comes up at the top, and I feel a bit of relief.
After doing some reading I decide to park in a safe spot since I have a bad feeling about this, and I turn off the engine. I inspected the exterior and it looks fine. Turned it back on, I get the same messages and power steering is completely gone.
Luckily another family member had a trailer and was 30 minutes behind us. We were able to transfer all the luggage, occupants and bikes and made it safely to Pinetop for our vacation.
The Explorer was towed later to the Ford dealership in Payson for $225 and I am now waiting for them to open so they can figure out which of these many sensors has gone bad.
I will update later with more info and cost of repair.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Many times when the dash lights up like a Christmas tree the issue was a bad battery. That could affect the steering or you may need to have the steering rack replaced.
I think I'd hope it was the battery or another minor issue. Here is a link on the steering rack replacement cost quoted to one member; 2011 - 2015 Explorer Power Steering Issue

Peter

Back