Aeroforce Boost Gauge - Will it work on the Sport? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aeroforce Boost Gauge - Will it work on the Sport?

SilverStallion

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
I have the Aeroforce Interceptor gauge on my 2012 5.0 and I am wondering if it will work to measure boost/fp/AF on my 2014 Explorer Sport that I am picking up this week. If it will, I will find a different gauge to put on my 5.0 when I take it into trade.

Any advice or input would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Darren

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have a CNF-01? If so it reads modern CAN bus on Fords and will work. Since you have a 2012 5.0 that should be a CNF-01 and would work in the Explorer Sport.

Any news?

Did you by chance ever figure anything out about the gauge? I'm debating picking one up.

Thanks

still looking for a good gauge mounting location!

I ended up selling mine in the pod with my other two gauges on my 5.0 so it went with the car.

Once I find a good pod, I will add Boost and Water Temperature but for now...still looking. Exhaust and springs are first.

Those are $$$. Do you have a smart phone? If so, consider using a bluetooth ELM327 OBD2 adapter with an app for your phone.

I use a $10 ebay ELM327 bluetooth adapter along with "Torque" ($5) for android. I can read every sensor and diagnose my vehicle or any other. You can configure the screen to display any type of display like a digital or analog boost gauge if you wanted.

where are you mounting it? a gauge pod, or a GPS style mount?

I have an interceptor in my HD truck, it's a great gauge. The only downside is the straight digital numerical readout is harder to see exact values when at WOT and quick glancing, vs. a needle type readout where you just need to see it's pointing at 2:00 or 12:00 position and you know that's XX lbs of boost, rather than trying to read scroling digits on the screen.

But, I'd worry less about leaving a gauge pod and gauge installed in the vehicle in plain sight, but a GPS looking unit like the edge product I wouldn't want to leave sitting out when the vehicle was parked in parking lots for fear of a smash and grab.

I have the torque pro app, and it's handy, but not for every day use since you have to run a separate app for it. Great for the track or playing around, but every day use not as convenient as a stand alone gauge. I really want someone to make a gauge pod for these, then get standalone gauges to mount in them, so any time I'm driving I can watch that boost needle climb with my right foot at a quick glance, and not have to fiddle with my phone.

Thanks Bigmoose. Great tip/suggestion. That'll save me a ton of money to go towards an exhaust system. One day if someone (or if I get inclined) makes a gauge pod, I'll start to reconsider. But for my purposes, just curious what boost I'm actually putting out, the phone and ELM327 will do just fine. I totally agree with Harley, that I dont want something sitting there begging to get stolen.

Those are $$$. Do you have a smart phone? If so, consider using a bluetooth ELM327 OBD2 adapter with an app for your phone.

I use a $10 ebay ELM327 bluetooth adapter along with "Torque" ($5) for android. I can read every sensor and diagnose my vehicle or any other. You can configure the screen to display any type of display like a digital or analog boost gauge if you wanted.

Is there a similar iPhone app?

Is there a similar iPhone app?

I believe the issue with iOS, the blue-tooth is locked down for 3rd party apps, like Torque. The only way is through WiFi, which is useless when driving down the road.

You can buy an inexpensive Android device and use it for Torque.

Now available.."Sport" logo for Aeroforce gauges!!

1398896498058-1505751123.jpeg

Check out these and other great Explorer Sport mods at: http://www.shop.ecoboostpowerparts.com/Aeroforce-Interceptor-Gauge-Ford-EcoBoost-All-AeoforceCF1.htm

Any mounting solutions, yet? Pillar or steering wheel pods?

Thanks.

Darren

+1, more info on available pods to mount it in!

Now the Aeroforce gauge is pretty cool and a breeze to install! Got the gauge in white display, their gauge pod which is awesome and the carbon fiber face with “sport” and matches the interior perfect, very pleased. This gauge gives sooo much information in addition to just looking cool. Install was a breeze, the air vents come out easy, work from the bottom and have patience. It also reads fault codes and clears them, totally worth the money and looks killer

Now the Aeroforce gauge is pretty cool and a breeze to install! Got the gauge in white display, their gauge pod which is awesome and the carbon fiber face with “sport” and matches the interior perfect, very pleased. This gauge gives sooo much information in addition to just looking cool. Install was a breeze, the air vents come out easy, work from the bottom and have patience. It also reads fault codes and clears them, totally worth the money and looks killer

did you go with the single or dial gauges? I have a 17, need to confirm the pod would work for my vehicle as well. Nice that it’s so plug and play with the obd2 port

did you go with the single or dial gauges? I have a 17, need to confirm the pod would work for my vehicle as well. Nice that it’s so plug and play with the obd2 port

The pod works for your year. I have a 2018 and it fits fine

Guys,

Aeroforce does make some great products if all you are looking to do is add gauges. Also wanted to mention for those of you who may be considering adding a tune also that our latest Mycal touch tuning devices have a gauges and datalogging feature now that is one of the areas our previous tuners were lacking. The new touch screen device would allow you to monitor all sorts of PIDs without having to add a gauge set up just to monitor things like boost , temps, knock sensor readings, etc. Then we also have an engineering log mode now released that allows us to read upwards of 35 times more data while you drive when compared to the standard logging mode you can do on your own any time you feel the need to check up on how your vehicle's performing. Here's a photo example of some gauge options which in this example on a Mustang includes Lambda on both banks, Coolant temps, Charge temps, and percentage of ethanol in the fuel where supported. We are also running a limited time sale of $100 off and our recent Mycal launch for Chrysler vehicles was recently featured on the latest episode of Sam's garage where they give a demo of how the programmers work in depth as well. So this way if anyone's considering adding a tune you could have gauges right on your device!

Here's the Sam's Garage feature

Attachments

• Mycal Gauges.png
    Mycal Gauges.png
    328.8 KB · Views: 101

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes single gauge pod, clean installation and looks factory, yes works on an '18 and yes plug and play for the OBD II

Back