Aerostar parts work in Explorers! How about a forum? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aerostar parts work in Explorers! How about a forum?

Check your email, and let me know if you received it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your PDF was just sent.

I was looking to replace a funky steering wheel on my 96 EB, I was looking at the aerostars they look similar and like it might work. What do you know about this, the deal is that mine has a splined shaft and a lot that I've looked at are round with a couple flats on it.

Welcome to this forum! Here is my response to your PM: Do you know if they are the same year with the same diameter wheel, and if they both have cruise control buttons with an air bag? If all of these things match, then it's possible that they would work. Contact KBabiak. He's a vendor on this site, and might have what you're looking for.

Aerostar,Explorer,Ranger,Bronco2

I have a Ranger and an Aerostar, and think it would be GREAT to know what is interchangable.

Welcome to this forum! Could you update your profile with your location, and your vehicles (with the year of each one)?

I'm all for an Aerostar forum. If the parts fit, use them.

great idea

when i was looking for a transmission a while back the guy at the scrap yard was trying to sell me one from an awd areostar, said that all id need to do st swap the shifter linkage over because their opposites ie, park is first.

I guess thats one spot to get a good transmission that hasn't been rat-bagged.

can I get a copy also

Welcome to this forum! You could download it from this link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=78Y4DYQ9 or I could email it to you if you have a problem trying to download it. I will need your email address.

the Aerostar shaft .... has the wrong size fitting for the steering shaft from the wheel

It's that fitting that made it the perfect fit for mating my 1st gen steering box to my 2nd gen steering column when I did my SAS!

Can someone forward me a copy (if available) for the interchange for 96 Aerostar AWD transmission to Explorer/Ranger tranny. Does it have to be AWD to AWD or can it be a 2WD explorer/ranger and transfer the adapter plate/transfer case from AWD to 2WD?

You have to open the transmission to swap the rear tail housing output shafts if you want to convert a 2WD to AWD or 4WD or vice versa. It's possible to do, but is a lot of work.

will 2wd ranger lowered spindles fit my aerostar. how about springs. obviously i'm looking to lower my van without airbags. thanks in advance

Welcome to this forum! Do you have more information on these parts (brand, links, etc)?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

actually i thought rangers of this era had twin i-beams. i guess what really want to know is what other ford products share the same front suspension. the rear should be easy to drop, but the front is another thing. for the record,93 aerostar ,3.0 V6, 2WD pretty standard.

Back