Aerostar parts work in Explorers! How about a forum? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aerostar parts work in Explorers! How about a forum?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Post # 54 has a link to download it.

I know that this idea was thrown around in various threads, but not in an actual suggestion thread. There are a lot of members other than myself with Aerostars, and everybody knows that many parts are interchangeable with Explorers, Rangers, etc. Lets see if anybody else is interested.:salute:

i agree

we used to have an Aerostar Xl Reg length.

we then got a used 94 Taurus(which will be revived within the next month)

and our sadly dying 98 Explorer

list

I too would appreciate a list, since all the explorers at the scrapyard are always stripped of parts. THNX desastr_20@hotmail.com

Do you think I could use an Areostar front axle u joints inner and outer to replace mine on my 93 Ford Explorer?

I am currently having issues finding this part because dealerships are telling me this product is discontinued for my year.

Thanks,
Christina

Can I also get a copy as well. I am having issues finding a replacement for my front axle inner and outer u joints for my 93 ford explorer and I'm being told by the dealerships that that part is discontinued.

My email address is creid011@email.cpcc.edu

Thanks!

Christina

Christina, those u-joints are a very common part and you will find them at any Napa, Autozone, etc.

could you please send me a copy of the interchange guide for a ranger

I am interested, because i am losing a battle with 95xlt e4wd. i need to get new exhaust manifolds for both sides. i can find the manifolds for the 3.0 liter everywhere, but nobody has the 4.0. if the explorer manifolds fit that would solvemy problem

Get these parts from another OHV (not a SOHC) 4.0L.

Interchangeable parts

Hi!
I have a 1997 Aerostar and I really would like to have a copy of the list!
Thanks for your help and this forum!!! :thumbsup:

I have checked the megaupload link and federal law closed the site... :(

There is a book called the Hollander Interchange Manual which outlines all of the interchangeable parts. Unfortunately, I don't have one, but many junk yards do. Does anybody else on this forum have a copy of one? I wonder if they have it on a DVD?

I bought a complete set of Hollander Manuals; goes from the 90's to 03. Looked for the dvd's but couldn't find any in my price range. :D

J...gonna have to start my own library one day. ;)

Hi!
I have a 1997 Aerostar and I really would like to have a copy of the list!
Thanks for your help and this forum!!! :thumbsup:
Welcome to this forum! Send me a PM or an email with your email address.

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back