Aerostar parts work in Explorers! How about a forum? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aerostar parts work in Explorers! How about a forum?

If I setup an Aerostar forum does it need to be broken down, as to generations like we've been doing for other models?

There is really only one gen of Aerostars, the later one just have flush headlights. We don't brake down Ranger gens, and there are quite a few of those here;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There are actually four generations. They look similar, but there are differences in the parking lights, headlights, radiator grilles, taillights, bumpers, E4WD or 2WD, transmissions, engines, extended, and regular length, interiors, etc. The groups are like this:

First generation 86-88.
Second generation 89-91.
Third generation 92-94.
Fourth generation 95-97.

Even in the groups, there are some differences such as the 87 was the last year with the single solenoid valve bodies (only the TCC). 96 started with OBD-II. 97 is really in a class by itself, but for practical purposes, it will be in the 95-97 fourth generation category.

Last edited:

There is really only one gen of Aerostars, the later one just have flush headlights. We don't brake down Ranger gens, and there are quite a few of those here;)

True...:thumbsup:

Dang, that was forum 146... Holy cow!!

Thanks for making the Aerostar forum Rick!:thumbsup:

Hey guys!!!

Could I possibly get a copy of that interchange list please?

I will be going to pull a part soon, and that would be VERY useful

Thanks in advance,
Tim

Do you want the link to download it, or should I email the PDF to you? I don't have your email address.

Check your PMs. Let me know if you need anything else.

I'll send it to your email address.

Check your email. It's in an attachment.

Hi Guys, I hate to make my first post here asking for something, but I would love to have a copy of that PDF myself..
I just bought my Ranger, my brother has an Explorer and there are a few swap possibilities we'd like to explore..
Thanx

Welcome to this forum! Let me know what your email address is. I could send it to you. You could also download it yourself from the link in my profile.

Thank you, thats great!
(I downloaded it)

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back