• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Aerostar parts work in Explorers! How about a forum?

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
If I setup an Aerostar forum does it need to be broken down, as to generations like we've been doing for other models?

There is really only one gen of Aerostars, the later one just have flush headlights. We don't brake down Ranger gens, and there are quite a few of those here;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
There are actually four generations. They look similar, but there are differences in the parking lights, headlights, radiator grilles, taillights, bumpers, E4WD or 2WD, transmissions, engines, extended, and regular length, interiors, etc. The groups are like this:

First generation 86-88.
Second generation 89-91.
Third generation 92-94.
Fourth generation 95-97.

Even in the groups, there are some differences such as the 87 was the last year with the single solenoid valve bodies (only the TCC). 96 started with OBD-II. 97 is really in a class by itself, but for practical purposes, it will be in the 95-97 fourth generation category.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
There is really only one gen of Aerostars, the later one just have flush headlights. We don't brake down Ranger gens, and there are quite a few of those here;)

True...:thumbsup:

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH

Reaction score
City, State
Titusville, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer
Hey guys!!!

Could I possibly get a copy of that interchange list please?

I will be going to pull a part soon, and that would be VERY useful

Thanks in advance,
Tim

BrooklynBay

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

BrooklynBay

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

3 of 7

Reaction score
City, State
Nanaimo BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Ranger, 92 Explorer
Hi Guys, I hate to make my first post here asking for something, but I would love to have a copy of that PDF myself..
I just bought my Ranger, my brother has an Explorer and there are a few swap possibilities we'd like to explore..
Thanx

BrooklynBay

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

3 of 7

Reaction score
City, State
Nanaimo BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Ranger, 92 Explorer
Thank you, thats great!
(I downloaded it)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.