after market heads and intake | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

after market heads and intake

xan
have you taken yours to the track?

no this is my daily driver, i just can't buy a vechile and be happy with it. Its runs great and its decently fast but i'm not all that interested to see how it would do at the track till i get some headers and a real tune

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ss trailblazer----high 13's stock

grand cherokee srt-8----low 12's stock!!!!!!!!

No the JGC SRT-8's are low 13's or high 12's in perfect conditions.

i want faster, but i am having trouble dealing with the fact that i will spend more money than the truck is worth.

i want faster, but i am having trouble dealing with the fact that i will spend more money than the truck is worth.

You mod a vechile you plan to keep for a while. if you get the right buyer when you sell it, it'll be worth more to them when you sell. If you want something worth alot of money and thats fast then you gotta buy it. modifying brings down value in 90% of cars, truck, and suvs so you gotta buy what you want, Or not care about blue books and NADAs and the real value is what you get out of it. (sounds cheesy but why mod something then sell it)
If you're worried about resale you're in the wrong place.

Ditto, way to many people do this, they "buy a vehicle to sell it." I cannot understand why anyone would buy a car for someone else. They literally care more about some stranger in the future will think of the colors, features, engine etc, more than themselves.

I buy a vehicle for me, not for anyone else, I don't give a crap about what some stranger in the future thinks about my car when I buy it.

Do what you want to, buy the vehicle that you want, and fix it up for you, not for anyone else. Keep it long enough that it's unknown future value is too insignificant to worry about now. Good luck,

My mountie is a prime example of this: It is modified to the point that it will hurt or help its value depending on who was looking to buy it. But, I have no intention of selling it, I modify it to suit me, nobody else. If you want to and have the means to modify it to suit yourself, why worry about what it will mean to someone else?

I take pride in having a vehicle like nobody else's. Sure, I could go buy a chevy truck and lift it (the main choice around here for a truck to lift), put some 35's on it. But, I like having a vehicle that is unlike anyone has seen. I have lots of people look my truck over in parking lots ask me about it. I have had several people really like that I have a lifted Mountaineer, they have never seen one before. I put lots of effort and pride into what I do, the cost I don't even consider because ultimately it doesn't matter. My wife, however cares much more about what I spend. :D

There you go, Evan is the perfect example with all factors, including the wife.

Back