Aftermarket exhaust manifolds for 5.0 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket exhaust manifolds for 5.0

CHEESYPOOFS

Reaction score
City, State
Mooresville NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT 5.0 2wd
well i saw these on ebay and i know that should be the first sign to just move along but i didnt lol so anyways they look pretty solid and i was wondering if it would be worth the 80 bucks. i mean theyre no Torque Monster Headers or anything but i figure they've gotta be somewhat of an improvement over the stock tin foil looking exhaust manifolds we have now right? yes? no? What do yall think?

Here are the manifolds i found...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/302-...c0.m245&_trkparms=72:1171|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I dont like the design:

!BN9mQRg!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-DoEjlLluCsSBJsVmC(CIQ~~_1.jpg

Its like using one exhaust port for a collector and look how thin that section is.

I would contact them on that one and ask to see the other side and how they compare to stock and tm headers. If there Better than stock there worth it. nice find man!!

looks also like it would have alot of leaks around the gasket do to the wierd desighn on the ports.

They're stock replacements for the later 302's. There isn't any performance gain to be had with those. But if one of your manifolds are cracked then they're better than nothing.

you dont hink there would be even a little gain having smoother air flow and less resistance?

you dont hink there would be even a little gain having smoother air flow and less resistance?

They're factory replacements, probably cast from the same mold. There would be no power gain from running these over your factory manifolds unless yours were cracked.

there was a company that made headers for them what was it? They were not as good a torgue mosters but did give gains and at a better price.

i know about them to i got them. but in my search for them i found another company that had a pair. They were way better priced but not as good stats as the monsters. And cant remember them off the top my head.

i know about them to i got them. but in my search for them i found another company that had a pair. They were way better priced but not as good stats as the monsters. And cant remember them off the top my head.

Hmmm well i know that the Kenny Brown explorers used SHO headers but i wouldnt know the first place to get them...

ya i cant think of it i even know one the other members was trying to sell a pair awhile ago. I got the torque monsters on now and on the other engine build up i got going on a older pair of ford motorsports. But i know there was another companie out there to that surved up a good set heads.

Back