in-dash tv-gps-dvd-etc... help wiring | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

in-dash tv-gps-dvd-etc... help wiring

rama1200

Reaction score
City, State
Jackson, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 explorer xls

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why not search in the audio subforum?

No need to post again, there's enough info on wiring aftermarket HU's, how did you search?

rama, your best bet is to go to a autozone, or some car parts store or maybe get a wiring harness for your car..its pretty much color match the wires. As for the dash kit, i dont know what you could do for that..but best of luck

its to bad your not in california i could do it in 30min

I know....

any pointers?

I was thinking about going to best buy and see if they have something already made for these type of installations.... if not, then trial & error... if it is pretty much color-match... then all I need to do is to find a nice plug....

:)

I just realized that the dvd does not play even when I'm in park... I get that screen that says something like.... "for your safety watching moving is disabled while driving.."

That's one of the biggest reasons why I got the system.... so I can have my baby entretained in the back while I'm driving...

how to get around this?

Thanks

do a search maybe in the12volt.com, there are ways, some are software related (ie pressing a combo of keys in your HU to enter a "secret" screen and enable it) some are hardware related, grounding some conections to fool the system into thinking that it's not moving

if there is a parking brake wire, you should be able to ground this and the video will play. most players are like that but im not sure about your particular model

if there is a parking brake wire, you should be able to ground this and the video will play. most players are like that but im not sure about your particular model

Not necessarily, his has GPS, so it might take the signal for the block from the VSS wire, it might be smart enough that it knows that you can not be moving and parked at the same time LOL

oooh true that... didnt even think about the gps signal

Installed

Well.... I'm done installing... it is cool.... I don't know how I lived without one of these before....

take a look.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2191157/9

Thanks for all the tech support guys... I will try the grounding brake wire...

:salute::thumbsup:

21911570144_large.jpg

Well.... I'm done installing... it is cool.... I don't know how I lived without one of these before....

take a look.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2191157/9

Thanks for all the tech support guys... I will try the grounding brake wire...

:salute::thumbsup:

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN I WAS IN LOVE WHEN I GOT MINE HOOKED UP ONLY TOOK 30MIN

DSCN2473.jpg

retails for 1000 got it for 420 , my friend works at a shop check them out usualy the cheepest.

sonicelectronic.com

Ahhh you gotta repaint that dude lol

paint it like candy red or something lol not white

Probably an ipod/aux input

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back