aftermarket parts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

aftermarket parts

anyone know where is my best bet to get aftermarket parts, specifically a fender & rad support (front end damage), also bumper reinforcement and some brackets and stuff like that.. And to be honest, its not for an explorer but its a ford - 96 mustang. Junkyards near me got NOTHING ive been searching for weeks, and the rad support is welded in so that would be a pain to get 1 from a junkyard. Any good sites for ford parts that u would trust for aftermarket? or anyone know of any suppliers on long island? There was 1 by me called goodfellas at 1 time but they closed down and i never knew til now. thx for the help, ill be posting back in a couple months for pointers on doin the painting...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

there are no after market core supports, but plenty of fenders.
That being said they are junk.
Nine times out of ten, it takes a great deal of finesse to get them to cooperate.
I would go all OEM if budget allowes

MONMIX said:
there are no after market core supports, but plenty of fenders.
That being said they are junk.
Nine times out of ten, it takes a great deal of finesse to get them to cooperate.
I would go all OEM if budget allowes

are u sure cus... 1. ive seen aftermarket radiator supports for sale 2. ive been told they r usually the same maybe u have to oval drill a hole for a bolt to go in the right spot or somethin stupid 3. the fenders u can hardly tell the difference (my dad put 1 on his bronco it fits fine slightly higher then the stock).

budget doesnt allow, so where can i get aftermarket parts

I got most of my stuff from a local wrecking yard, all new capa approved parts, Radiator support, Fender and hood.
Look in the phone book for a body supply house, they can either get it or tell you where you can get it from
Another place you can look would be EBay, I saw a lot off stuff in the Exterior section on the Explorer's, so I would imagine it would be the same for the Stangs.

try www.car-part.com :thumbsup:
I've gotten stuff for our prelude and integra on that site which were kinda hard to find.
Basically it's a compilation of junk yards across the US.
good luck!

1) I am 90% sure they don't make after market core sups. I have never seen them at least.

2) I have instaled hundreds and hundereds of aftermarket fenders, hoods, bumper covers, bumpers and headlights. The majority of the time it is thinner metal, with lesser quality primer ( e-coat ) and require egging holes, tweeking metal, or out and out reworking.
On more than a few occasions we have sent AM parts back and made the insurance company pay for OEM parts

3) Okay

Around here there is an aftermarket company Zeng, their parts are very well made and match up perfect. We are using they for my 96, which needs a radiator support also, they have it. The website is zeng

My body shop buddies dont like the aftermarket parts for just why Monmix said. Their biggest complaint is the priming. They feel the paint wont last near as long on the poorly primed parts. It just isnt cost efficient to sand and reprime an aftermarket fender.

Back