Explorerkid56

Reaction score
City, State
Lowwell, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99' exploder
Hey guys,
I got a 99 ex 4.0l ohv...
My front drivers seat has seen its day. The previous owner was a larger guy and i want to replace both of the front seats so they match. I tried looking at ford for some oem ones but they are very pricey. Anyone got aftermarket seats in theirs. Not necessarily racing seats. I dont mind cloth or leather or "pleather". Thanks guys, help me out... i dont like riding with the " gangsta lean"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There was a guy around here advertising seat renewal, he'd put some foam like the one they use in beds, you know the one where they jump and don't spill the wine, and a heating pad and new upholestery, why not try something like that?

good idea, my seat could use that very much so, but the lever on the side is bent or mangled or somewhat broken so the farthest it reclines foward is still at a "gangsta lean" my back starts to hurt after driving for more than an hour... I looked at some aftermarket seats but could only find tiny racing seats. I was wondering if anyone new of oem replacements web sites or people who have bought replacements aftermarket or oem, thank you

check your local junkyards. i found an 02 sport at one of the ones around me with leather interior and power seats. they wanted like $75 a seat.

o wow, i would love some leather...does the 2002 fit in the 99.....does anyone know the compatibility for the years. i think 99-01 are compaitbLE Ii wasnt sure about the 3rd generation

the 01-03 sports are pretty much the same as the 95-01 explorers

i eventually thinkin of getting aftermarket seats but i am nto to sure yet.

Back