• Register Today It's free!

AGM Battery Settings

Mekks082

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Explorer ST
Replaced my stock battery with a Group 65 Northstar/2xpower AGM battery.

Specs: AGM, 930CCA, 69AH.

I reset the battery age, but do I also need to change battery type? Here are the options via FORScan.

YhHM7JB.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I haven't changed battery types, but you will want to change the battery type in the system because AGM batteries have a different charging profile compared to lead acid. Looks like you need to go with 01.

Replaced my stock battery with a Group 65 Northstar/2xpower AGM battery.

Specs: AGM, 930CCA, 69AH.

I reset the battery age, but do I also need to change battery type? Here are the options via FORScan.

YhHM7JB.png
What do you change the battery type on? I installed an AGM recently and it’s badass. The 2014 sport runs better than it ever did. I suppose it will get overcharged by the alternator?

What do you change the battery type on? I installed an AGM recently and it’s badass. The 2014 sport runs better than it ever did. I suppose it will get overcharged by the alternator?
I'm not sure what you mean by "run better". If it was a direct replacement for the OEM battery, it is still a 12V battery. An AGM will last longer and perform better in hotter temperatures. Basically, the battery's job is to start the motor. Once started, everything else will run off the alternator which recharges the battery. It may help somewhat in cold weather starting since they usually have higher CCA.
BTW, the 6th gen uses AGM batteries.

Peter

Sorry I must have deleted the pic, I set it at the closest AH setting the explorer offered in forscan. Did not notice a diff. It did get -20ish here last winter and they explorer would not start. had a buddy jump me and it was like the battery was full soon as cable got hooked up.

Sorry I must have deleted the pic, I set it at the closest AH setting the explorer offered in forscan. Did not notice a diff. It did get -20ish here last winter and they explorer would not start. had a buddy jump me and it was like the battery was full soon as cable got hooked up.
What battery did you get exactly? What changes did you make in FORScan?

I am looking for my 18 EXP. Mine tested ok today, but I got an opinion that I need 800 CCA or more. And I might as well go AGM.

Thanks.

When I purchased two 2019 Explorer XLTs in April 2019, I pulled my Northstar AGMs from my old vehicles and put them in both 2019 Explorers.

Didn't do anything other than stick them in and hook them up. No issues. I'm in the cold Northeast......

Back