3rd generation Bumper registry | Page 25 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3rd generation Bumper registry

My chromes got destroyed, the coating was gone and they couldn't be polished. So, I had them powdercoated high-gloss black... Went to take pics just now and saw this::eek: and others are coming loose...

WOOOOOOW!!! i like the new paint on the rims, it really matches the truck good

So are you up for a trade; my X for yours LOL

Nice job:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ha! :) I'm going to have a matching rear bumper, as soon as it's finished. It's a two-piece bumper... The company that did the powdercoating saved those rims from the recycler... They were no longer chromies, just looked hazy.

How's JCUZ' tire carrier coming along?

How's JCUZ' tire carrier coming along?
Pretty much done (see post here http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2044776&postcount=463).

Tomorrow I will be adding one support bracket that will take the weight of the arm instead of having all the weight on the securing pin. And I will also add some round bar reinforcement that will double as a handle. Then it's done. Will post pics of completed setup in a day or two. Oh, and I've moved the reversing camera from the RHS to the left, so that when the wheel is attached, we will still be able to see using the camera. And I will also make up a license plate that will attach to the carrier as the one on the tailgate is obscured when the tyre is fitted.

Pushed back...

Used a few U-bolt brackets to push the lights back under/behind the bar. Just finished, so no other pics yet... (blurry before shot)

All 4x100 watts are connected to the ignition, so they can't come on accidentally... it's said.

Attachments

• IMGA0570.JPG
    IMGA0570.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 615
  • IMGA0297.JPG
    IMGA0297.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 617

Quick question donner, what kinda lift do you have on your rig, and what kinda wheels and tires you have?

Sexy ass Explorer you got there too...im jealous =P

Here's a couple of pics of the finished wheel carrier, complete with wheel cover incorporating its own licence plate:
Wheel_Carrier_1.jpg

Between the wheel and rear bar:
Wheel_Carrier_2.jpg

Great job getting that done. :thumbsup:

How far off the ground is the bottom of the tire? Looks looow.

Yep, it's low. It sits even with the bottom of the tow bar, so no good for angles off road, but the rear is lifted around 1.5" which means it's OK for trails, just not "new ground". The reason I made it that low was to allow the glass hatch to be opened with the wheel carrier attached - it works with the standard spare, but won't work with anything bigger.

3 days later...

Quick question donner, what kinda lift do you have on your rig, and what kinda wheels and tires you have?

Sexy ass Explorer you got there too...im jealous =P

Only Coilsprings 2.75 front; 1.5 rear... The tires are Mickey Thompson Baja Claw MTs 265/70/17. The wheels are powdercoated black American Racing... I just lost the rear struts a while back because the 2.75 springs in the rear blew out the struts... It's my fault...

Now, I gotta wire up these reverse lights, and see about that tire carrier ^^ :cool:

Attachments

• IMGA0586.JPG
    IMGA0586.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 540
  • IMGA0584.JPG
    IMGA0584.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 557

donner looks good but why not mount them above the bar as to protect them off road/. maybe theres no room and i cant see it!
keep up the good work!

It's an illusion. They're actually inside the bumper... Let me get another angle.

Donner, we need some good shots of the whole truck!! I want to see that bad boy in ALL its glory!!

steel frames...

surrounded :D

Attachments

• IMGA0594.JPG
    IMGA0594.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 540
  • IMGA0590.JPG
    IMGA0590.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 542

I'll take them tomoro...

Donner, we need some good shots of the whole truck!! I want to see that bad boy in ALL its glory!!

I just got the flares, the bumpers and the lights done in the last few days... it wasn't pretty... :cool:

I just got the flares, the bumpers and the lights done in the last few days... it wasn't pretty... :cool:

Yes, but all the blood, sweat and tears were worth it, weren't they?

Had to split for a bit, but...

Front bumper is done - minus the lights... I can't get a body shot for s##t. I'll have someone take the pics...

Attachments

• IMGA0618.JPG
    IMGA0618.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 517
  • IMGA0616.JPG
    IMGA0616.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 503
  • IMGA0620.JPG
    IMGA0620.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 504

I like what you added to the front, looks a lot beefier. And the black fender flares are back!

Looking good. I'm definitely liking the added bars up front. Finally a picture that gives a little more aspect to the angle of front plate and the skid.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The back bumper has been changed again too... To add a tire carrier would be sweet.

Back