air horn

TarHeel085

And den
Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4wd
i know theres already a thread on this here, but i want to put this out there. anybody got this horn on there X. 134db is pretty loud isnt it? i just get really pissed at the as**s they let drive now adays. my mom gets pissed as well when i use the horn at people, but when i get the X i want people to know! by the way is only 2.5 months.jcwhitney air horn

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

To save the hassle of shipping just go to Autozone and get the same thing. The triple setup is a bit better, but both sets might sound a little high pitched. They're loud though and get attention. I've found they sound really good with the stock horns at the same time. I have my air horns wired to a plunger switch in my center console. They're on a dedicated circuit, fiddling with the stock horn wiring might cause problems with the alarm. Remember to get an inline fuse also, 15 amps is fine. The horns work well ziptied to the framerail, but get gunked after a while and need to be replaced every 18-24 months. $20 that often ain't bad, and I change the compressor too as they can get a little "tired". For the compressor, just find a good place to mount it and you're set. Oh, and don't use the supplied tubing, use regular rubber vacuum line that's the same size. It'll hold up better.

Good luck!

help

Hey, I just bought an air horn today, got the horns and compressor mounted. How do i wire it up? I would love to be able to have a switch that let me select stock, air horns or both but from what i have read in other posts, alec doesnt think that will work too well. So then how do I go about wiring it up to a switch, I've got a momenatry on ready to go, I just need help with using a relay if necessary and all that good stuff. Im kinda lost. Pictures/drawings would help a ton. Thanks in advance.

Here's how you can do it:

First wire direct power and ground and stuff to the relay like you would any other accessory. I'll tell you how to rig up the switching system:

Get a 3 way toggle switch that is on-off-on. You can tap a lead off the stock horns: you just splice a wire off their lead, they are below the battery accessed from the wheelwell. Wire this up to the 3 way on one side.

Then tap another lead from any circuit you choose (obviously thinking about when that circuit is live). Run this through a momentary push-button switch then to the other side of the 3 way. Then run the signal wire of the 3 way to the relay.

So now the toggle switches if the aux horns are off, on with the stock horns, or on with the momentary pushbutton.

Good luck! :confused:

i might have to do this! it would be cool to play with! a push button horn!

I had one, but I took it off. It sounds kinda cheesey. It wasent he truck airhorn that I would have liked. My friend put it best when he described it as a clown car noise. Just my $.02

I have some airhorns that I have hooked into my alarm system. I was thinking of hooking it up to my horn as well but haven't done that yet. When my alarm goes off, the entire neighborhood wakes up. They are damn loud!!! It sounds like a rig!

Back