F14CRAZY

To the flo...
Reaction score
City, State
Dimondale, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 GT, '93 Limited
Howdy. On the subject of air horns...

Is there a such thing as an electric air horn? Call me lazy if you will, but I don't wanna mess around with the compressors and etc...:p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ran 2 kits that used a small compressor and trumpets. The compressors fail after a while.

I've had good results with the direct replacement loud, low-tone horns. Hella has some as do other clones, those are red. There are also some 132 db ones that are black marketed by a few brands. They're all made by Fiamm though.

Thanks for the reply Alec. It really doesn't matter to me if they are the "toot toot" type air horn or the regular air horn but really loud. I'm tried of the f!cking school buses pulling out in front of me and cutting me off, especially when they are from my own school district. (and my same high school) I want them to learn not to. Make a scene of it if you ask me. I looked up them Hella horns on ebay, and I will consider them. I wanna add a few...

My bad! I meant to say "It doesn't matter if they're the reuglar toot toot air horn of the regular electric horn."

I use the airhorn of a unitrol fire truck siren in mine. I didn't hook up any of the siren features, just the airhorn. Now my red ex sounds like a big fat fire truck when I honk the horn. I also added a switch to switch back and forth between my regular horn and my improved horn :) The unit is a Unitrol 80k.

Just a few weeks ago I installed some electric air horns in my truck, they definately sound better, though I need to wire them different to ensure they get FULL power, for right now they are using stock horn power only, and there sharing that power with the stock horns.

Back