• Register Today It's free!

Air intake airbox swap.

Berserkers360

Reaction score
City, State
Texas city, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Mercury mountaineer
I am new to the group I have read this fourm in the past many times. But now I decided to join because I started messing around with my 2003 Mercury mountaineer 4.0 V6. Well as mentioned in the header I was thinking about swapping my airbox to perhaps another air box from an expedition or maybe some other type that is a lot bigger add a cone filter and adding a air scoop. Weather it be from the grill area or from underneath
. I do not want to mess around a lot with adding a cold air intake and all that tube and all that because of what I do for work. And besides something that looks like it came out of the factory

I am new to the group I have read this fourm in the past many times. But now I decided to join because I started messing around with my 2003 Mercury mountaineer 4.0 V6. Well as mentioned in the header I was thinking about swapping my airbox to perhaps another air box from an expedition or maybe some other type that is a lot bigger add a cone filter and adding a air scoop. Weather it be from the grill area or from underneath
. I do not want to mess around a lot with adding a cold air intake and all that tube and all that because of what I do for work. And besides something that looks like it came out of the factory
The stock box flows well enough for a boosted 4.6 so I wouldn’t bother modding it for a stock n/a 4.0 . If your looking for more power I’d just get a tune and call it a day

Also i believe the stock intake on the 4.0/4.6 sucks air from the grille already as is

Back