• Register Today It's free!

Air issue

07explore

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Mill, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer
I have a 2007 Ford Explorer. I am having an issue with my air conditioning. I can start driving with the air conditioning on and after 10-15 minutes of the air conditioning running with the fan on 3 or hi, the air coming out of the vents will quit for 10-15 seconds and then come back on. It does this repeatedly, there is no noise or clicking. I have talked with Autozone and they suggested it may be Blend Door Actuator. I have also discussed with my mechanic and he thinks compressor is working fine, cycling off and on as it should. Any suggestions or has anyone had this issue happen to them? Thanks for any help pointing me in the right direction.

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like either a bad wire or possibly there could be an issue with the motor overheating, cooling down for a second, making the connection again, and then overheating again.

I had to pull the blower motor out several months ago because a Florida Palm tree leaf had gotten down in the motor during a trip to Florida. When the fan started turning there was a clicking noise that was extrememly aggravating. I pulled it out and removed the dried up palm leaf and that stopped the noise. I do not recall if thats when the pausing of the blower started or not. I rechecked the connection last night to see if anything was loose and everything seemed secure. I will keep watch on it to see if it continues to happen.

Could the blower motor have a short in it because of that? Thanks for the replys!!

Back