• Register Today It's free!

Airbag blinking 49

Number Twelve

Reaction score
City, State
15 miles west of Tampa Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer XLT
As far as I can tell from Internet searches, my 2005 Explorer registered that I had the seats out and is going to complain that the airbag system is totally screwed for the next 250 times I turn the ignition on because the seat position sensor was not connected while I was cleaning the carpets.

I don't even have seat memory functions so it would need a seat position sensor.:(
There are no codes I can find by plugging in next to the driver's left knee.

Anybody know if I have discovered the real problem, or am I just tip-toeing through the tulips because bad information on the 'net?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

had that light come on, on my 02 Mountaineer it was the plug under the seat for the seat belt. I upluged....then put some dielectric grease on it and out went the light..hope this helps. It was showing the airbag light..

Thanks. I'll go poke around in the seat belt detectors and see if something went wrong.;)

Any luck with that light
Yep. One of the seat belt receivers was stuck in the "fastened" position. I knocked the smutz out of it so it would register as, "no seat belt fastened" and the air bag light wasn't flashing when I next started the car.

Had nothing to do with seat position sensor, airbag, or explosive seat belt tighteners. It was only about seat belt (click) fastener sensor.

Smart car, huh? It claims the air bag is going to fail if my seat belt always registers as fastened.:rolleyes:
If I find a way to eliminate this nanny nag, I will post it.:mad:

Back