City, State
Edmonton, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 XL
Air Bag Fault Code Table
AIR BAG DIAGNOSTIC MONITOR FAULT CODE PRIORITY TABLE
Priority Code Component/Fault Description

Highest --
No Air Bag Lamp - Inoperative Lamp Circuit or No Ignition Voltage to Diagnostic Monitor

| -- Continuous Air Bag Lamp - Diagnostic Monitor Disconnected or Inoperative

| 12 Low Battery Voltage

| 13 Air Bag Circuit or Crash Sensor Circuit - Shorted to Ground

| 21 Safing Sensor - Not Mounted on Vehicle Properly

| 22 Safing Sensor Output Circuit - Shorted to Battery Voltage

| 23 Safing Sensor Input Feed/Return Circuit Open

| 24 Open in Circuit 944B or Low Resistance in Crash Sensor(s)

| 32 Driver Side Air Bag/Safing Sensor Circuit - High Resistance or Open

| 33 Pin 7 Not Grounded at Diagnostic Monitor

| 34 Driver Side Air Bag/Safing Sensor Circuit - Low Resistance or Shorted

| 35 Low Resistance Across Pins 8 and 9 at Diagnostic Monitor

| 41 Crash Sensor Circuit - High Resistance or Open

| 44 RH Crash Sensor - Not Mounted to Vehicle Properly

| 45 Center Radiator Crash Sensor - Not Mounted to Vehicle Properly

| 46 LH Crash Sensor - Not Mounted to Vehicle Properly

| 51 Diagnostic Monitor Internal Thermal Fuse - Blown and Short to Ground No Longer Exists

| 52 Backup Power Supply - Voltage Boost Fault

| 53 Internal Diagnostic Monitor Fault

Lowest -- Rapid Continuous Flashing of Air Bag Lamp - All Crash Sensors Disconnected

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am getting a code 52. Where would I find my backup supply and how would I fix this?

Airbag Fault

2002 Ranger, Airbag Fault Code of 46, Where is the Left Crash Sensor Located?

Thanks
Steve

My father's 01 is flashing code 37.
Anyone know what it is, or where I may find an answer. I've searched, but haven't come up with anyone else throwing this same code.

Fast Edit: Code 37 is the passenger side side-airbag, often caused by a bad connection in the yellow resistance cap under the seat.

FYI, these codes vary somewhat year to year.............

... Code 37 is the passenger side side-airbag, often caused by a bad connection in the yellow resistance cap under the seat.

That is why these forums are so great...I was throwing a Code 37, and the solution was simply unplugging and replugging the yellow cap under the passenger seat!

code 12, but batteries are all good and connections are good?

is the battery replaceable or do i have to replace the whole module? and you know were it is?

thx

The battery is inside of the air bag module. Check the wiring going to the module first. Maybe the module isn't getting the correct voltage or there might be a problem with the ground wiring? You will need a pin out schematic of the module before you begin to troubleshoot. Use extreme caution whenever you work on the SRS wiring. You don't want to deply the air bag.

OK thx, ill just grab a diagram from work. don't want those puppies going off :D

Can anyone tell me what airbag code 19 means for an 04 spt trac? Thanks,

Can anyone tell me what airbag code 19 means for an 04 spt trac? Thanks,

B2293 19 Restraint System — Air Bag Status (Driver Front Air Bag Circuit Fault)

Thanks, I finally got the correct problem identified for the airbag. I changed the sensor on the master cylinder as instructed by this forum. That resolved my issue with the cruise control, but the airbag light did not go off. I have a powered seat. I then took the driver seat off (4 bolts). I unplugged, cleaned and replug the three circuits under the seat. That worked until I made adjustments to the seat. The light returned. Unplugged each circuit individually. The culprit is the two wire circuit on the left side of the seat. Recleaned and replugged, it is working at the moment. I hope to get the car inspected tomorrow.

Hope it works but that's not what the code says if it was 19. Stranger things have happened though.

32 Driver Side Air Bag/Safing Sensor Circuit - High Resistance or Open

este es mi codigo.... como resuelvo este problema?

Back