Airbag Light with DTCs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

logan.d122

Reaction score
City, State
MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Mercury Mountaineer
My 07 Mountaineer has the airbag light on, and it's been on for a while now. It started with an intermittent issue where it would come on during the first start of the day and then usually wouldn't come on after that for the whole day. Now it comes on and stays on. There is no flashing so I can get the light code. However, I was able to run a bus query and pulled the active DTCs.

DTC #1: 0xA295 (B2295) [Restraint System - Side Airbag Fault]
Status: 0xE0 (DTC is Present and Stored in Non-Volatile Memory)

It also gave a B2290 DTC at one time but it is now gone. I have a feeling they are linked.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I believe it is coming from the passenger seat. I have disconnected the airbag harness under the seat, cleaned it, and reconnected it. I have also checked fuses and wire harnesses for any damage. I am worried the airbag in the seat is defective/malfunctioning, and the only way to get the it is to removed the seat and pull the leather off the seat back. I am attempting to get the vehicle ready to sell and this is the only issue it has. Do you think it is worth fixing, or should I just disclose the issue when selling and be done with it?

My 07 Mountaineer has the airbag light on, and it's been on for a while now. It started with an intermittent issue where it would come on during the first start of the day and then usually wouldn't come on after that for the whole day. Now it comes on and stays on. There is no flashing so I can get the light code. However, I was able to run a bus query and pulled the active DTCs.

DTC #1: 0xA295 (B2295) [Restraint System - Side Airbag Fault]
Status: 0xE0 (DTC is Present and Stored in Non-Volatile Memory)

It also gave a B2290 DTC at one time but it is now gone. I have a feeling they are linked.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I believe it is coming from the passenger seat. I have disconnected the airbag harness under the seat, cleaned it, and reconnected it. I have also checked fuses and wire harnesses for any damage. I am worried the airbag in the seat is defective/malfunctioning, and the only way to get the it is to removed the seat and pull the leather off the seat back. I am attempting to get the vehicle ready to sell and this is the only issue it has. Do you think it is worth fixing, or should I just disclose the issue when selling and be done with it?
what did you end up doing? the airbag light is on in mine also. Marcel

Back