• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Alignment / Steering Wheel Centering Issue

Hntr45

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer Sport Trac
Weird, at my work (Nissan Dealer) we give alignment sheets whether its warranty or customer pay work. Also because its warranty theres a good chance that the techs were rushing through it since warranty work doesn't pay them as well as customer pay does, hence the reason why your steering wheel is off.

Like said above, you would be better off taking it somewhere and paying the money to get it straight if they are gonna keep beating around the bush.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Hntr45

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer Sport Trac
Also it is interesting that they would say your toe was causing the pull to the left, when toe doesnt cause pulls.....

themishmosh

Reaction score
City, State
NE Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
If the car thinks the wheel is centered but it's cockeyed, that is not a simple fix for an independent alignment shop. I'd go to another dealer. Thankfully, I have several within an hour drive.

Hntr45

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer Sport Trac
If the car thinks the wheel is centered but it's cockeyed, that is not a simple fix for an independent alignment shop. I'd go to another dealer. Thankfully, I have several within an hour drive.
Not necessarily. Usually all that needs to be done is reset the steering angle. Whats complicated is having the proper scan tool and the know how to reset it. I agree a dealer is the best option for that, but independent shops should be able to do it

Carbon87

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT
Well, third time they had it. This is the alignment chart from their service. Apparently, their second alignment was so ridiculously out of spec that it caused this. I swear, if I had another dealer even reasonably close, I would never EVER return here. It does drive / the wheel is somewhat straight-ish now. Not perfect, but I'll be damned if they try adjusting it again...

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 5.41.49 PM.png

Hntr45

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer Sport Trac
Wow, thats no good :laugh: honestly its not too far out tho, just looks like someone was lazy. The rear toe was probably never adjusted, which it should have been. And your front toe is perfect which you can tell from the total toe measurement, minus the steering wheel not being straight which can be seen at the steer ahead measurement. Looks like its adjusted pretty much perfect now.