• Register Today It's free!

All accessories disabled

applexpanther

Reaction score
City, State
iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer
Having trouble with my 2002 Explorer. Installing a Remote Starter with bypass ...blah blah blah. The explorer randomly stopped working. When turning the key, car wont make a single noise. the accessories dont turn on, theres no beeping, or radio turning on.. i cant manually turn headlights on. Nothing is showing up in the odometer area. The dome lights work when i get in and out of the car...and the brake lights still work when i press the breaks.. Thats it. Checked all the fuses multiple times, unhooked the remote starter...no change.. i didnt know if it was the PATS.. or not. anyone with suggestions?

One of two things comes to mind: If nothing works, ignition, cluster, accessories, etc, you may have either forgotten to reconnect the battery cable, have a poor connection there, or blown a main fuse for the affected components. Start by checking the fuses in the battery junction box under the hood, specifically Fuse 23 (30A), which feeds the ignition switch hot power.

What about the exterior lighting? Does any of it work? If you turn the ignition switch to the run position, can you take it out of park without pressing the brake pedal? If so, then I suspect a blown fuse again. What about the HVAC system? With the key on, do the blower motors run?

Let me know what you find, and go from there. Definately start by checking each fuse under the hood and in the interior fuse panel.

Good luck!

I KNOW WUT IT IS!!!maybe?? underneth the dash the is a white plastic piece with 1 bolt through it. i lossend mine to get to some wire a little better and my car wouldnt do a damn thing.. it took me 30 minutes to figure it out. but all i did was screw that white plasctice square back inplace and it worked just fine.I have no idea wut that thing is

Back