all right some of your older posts conviced me to go 4x4 and put a lift kit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

all right some of your older posts conviced me to go 4x4 and put a lift kit

azXplorer

Reaction score
City, State
tucson
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 sport
i orignally was going to put modified 20's on but have decided to instead put a suspension lift and a body lift. how much can i expect to pay for them. a buddy of mine can put it on so i am saving money there

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

depends on how bug.

3" BL is like $90 plus if you have a stick, you will need a $35 shifter extension..and you may ned/want new rear bumper brackets ($30 custom fab shop)

Sl depends on size/type.

Spacers and aal (sl) will add 2 inches to a 3 inch body lift. Thats good for 33's. And its a nice setup. What size tires are you looking to run?

Originally posted by redrig
Spacers and aal (sl) will add 2 inches to a 3 inch body lift. Thats good for 33's. And its a nice setup. What size tires are you looking to run?

sepending on sag, may need shackles too.

the 2" Sl plus 3" BL:

BL....$150 (90 for kit+if u need the ext, otherwise qlways allow for extra parts)
AAL....$45 ($35+s/h)
Spacers*...$50 ($40+s/h)
*when u do a Sl on the front, you will nedd an alignment and they will probably want to repack your bearings, so add $200 for that
Shackles (if needed) :$70 ($55-60+s/h)
estimated lift cost: <$650, but you get 5" out of it.

just add rims and tires and if u can, regear and lock.

Originally posted by azXplorer
i orignally was going to put modified 20's on but have decided to instead put a suspension lift and a body lift.

Well obviously you were reading the wrong older posts. Read some from the Sports Truck section and join us, the street guys. :p

Re: Re: all right some of your older posts conviced me to go 4x4 and put a lift kit

Originally posted by X~FACTOR
Well obviously you were reading the wrong older posts. Read some from the Sports Truck section and join us, the street guys. :p

Ahh, the ever imminent dark side shows its face again... Dont listen to him, LIFT IT ;) :p

ladies, does size matter?:rolleyes:

seriously, if its a 4x4, it neees to be high. i love street trucks, but if you want 20s, ditch the 4x4.

Originally posted by Premier
Ahh, the ever imminent dark side shows its face again... Dont listen to him, LIFT IT ;) :p

:D

Re: Re: Re: all right some of your older posts conviced me to go 4x4 and put a lift kit

Originally posted by Premier

Use the force azXplorer!

Back