Body Lift On A 2002 Ford Explorer

davidmmm69

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
2010 Ford Explorer V6 Fall River Ma...
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Mercury Mountaineer
any one have any luck with or have attempted A body lift on A 2002 Explorer???

I want to raise mine and was looking at one Website suspension lift i think it was and it was a 4 inch i think and was like $2000 for the 2002 explorer.
A little steep i think.
So I am looking at a Body lift.
I was going to go this weekend and buy some 31 inch BF Goodrich All Terrain KO's
and reay want to put 33's on it so I am waiting on a lift prefer a suspension lift but waiting for body lift..
thanks all

Umm, unless you've got a Sport Trac or Sport model, there is no suspension or body lift available for the 2002+ Explorer. The '95-'01 models have a suspension lift available finally. Its a 4" SuperLift kit and it sells for roughly $1500. Kinda steep, but that's the only option for suspension lifting an IFS Explorer.

but it does have a full frame under it so u could in fact put a body lift on it. what exactly may be needed i dunno'. but they don't have body lifts for the 95+ explorers either u jus use a ranger lift or whatever. all somebody would have to do is try it. once 1 person confirms it can be done many more people will follow. its jus wether or not u want to be the first to do it. it would be great for an inexpensive way to lift the newer explorers. jus take a good look at what would need to be relocated or possibly lenghtened. shouldn't be any different than a regular body lift on any vehicle, or i would think so. probaly a sport trac body lift would be the way to go. anyways jus a thought. and always an option.

Back