• Register Today It's free!

All warning lights on!

midwesttex

Reaction score
City, State
NOVA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Limited V8 4x4
I have a strange issue with my 07 V8 and I don't trust the dealer to figure it out. While driving all of my dash warning lights will turn on. And I mean all of them. Low battery, Low fuel, ABS, check engine, traction control, parking break, etc... the vehicle will continue to run fine, but I will loose my AC and speedometer. If I turn the vehicle off it will not start back up without giving it some time to sit.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Haven't had this issue, but if you are really into diagnosing it yourself, the only way I would do it would be to obtain a Ford Repair DVD, the one that Ford uses. You could probably find one on ebay for about $30.

My 4x4 Low doesn't work sometimes, but the diagnostic process is over 100 steps, and I'm not into doing it. So I'm just leaving it alone and living with it.

Sometimes it is better to bring it to the dealer for a repair. Most of the times not, but sometimes yes.

You could get the wiring diagrams and find out what component all those lights have in common, probable a junction box and start there.

The dealer is working on it. My concern was that I was going to get the run around from them, as they told me it was probably a starter issue. They just called me back and decided to replace the ECM because they can't find anything else that could be causing the problem

I'm having the same issue with my 2007 Explorer. The dealer replaced the control panel and I still have the issue. It only happens once a month on average. They tell me that they can't reproduce the issue and the computer isn't throwing any codes so there is not much they can do. I messaged midwesttex and his reply was this;

"It has been a while now, but they replaced the CPU, or one of the computers/control panel. I drove it away and it happened again. They looked at it a 2nd time and found a loose connection to the computer. I hope this helps!"

I guess I'll have them or a different dealer check for a loose connection...

Back