• Register Today It's free!

Alternate to step bar?

Nick C.

Reaction score
City, State
Frederick, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 xlt
I ordered my shackles today and I'll have my 31's on by Monday so I was wanting to get a head start on my new look, tonight I took off my factory step bars. They look great on but I like it better with them off.

Here's my question. I have a short wife 5'2", I never use the step bars but she does. So I'm lifting the x and taking off the step bars which she'll need even more now. Do any of you guys have ideas of what to use in place of a step bar?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just got some simple black hoop steps from Carr. They go on pretty easily with a few drilled holes and they work. I will take them off when wheeling though to avoid body damage. But you can easily take the steps off and leave the mounts on.

I would suggest sliders, if you have a friend that can weld, just go get some metal stock and make yourself some nice steps that will actually protect your truck from rocks.

I have these in black:

EDIT: Oops, all showed up. The Hoop II.

StepVertPic.gif

where did you buy your shackles at?

i've seen people use a pice of chain... like 1/4" 30 grade, and loop it, like a " u" from the inside so when you open the door it usually falls out and when you get in just pull it in. its so that its one less thing t get hung up on on the trails

You should look into these, Kodiak Side Steps. They swing out of the way so they won't get in the way when going off-road.

Back