Alternator wiring harness | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Alternator wiring harness

JT in MD

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 XLT 4.0L
So when I replaced my alternator in my 2005 4.0L XLT, I managed to f*** up the small wiring harness. Now, I ocasionally get a "check charging system" error message which is always rectified by pushing the harness back down to resecure it.

Short question to follow my long explanation - how/where can I get a replacement harness? I really only need the plastic piece with a small bit of wire.. I figure I can solder it to the existing wire.

I've been to a local auto parts store and they don't stock them...

JT, forgive me for asking a stupid question, but i'm fairly inexperienced when it comes to working on vehicles. I am having an intermittent "check charging system" alarm, but everything seems to check out fine. You mention the pushing the harness down to re-secure it. Which harness are you referring too and where is it located? I would like to check it out.

So when I replaced my alternator in my 2005 4.0L XLT, I managed to f*** up the small wiring harness. Now, I ocasionally get a "check charging system" error message which is always rectified by pushing the harness back down to resecure it.

Short question to follow my long explanation - how/where can I get a replacement harness? I really only need the plastic piece with a small bit of wire.. I figure I can solder it to the existing wire.

I've been to a local auto parts store and they don't stock them...

ford does sell the connector they range from 15-30 bux.

Back