• Register Today It's free!

Alternator

tkd91

Reaction score
City, State
Cape May, New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ex. XLT 4x4 4.6L V8
Low price place to buy a oem Alternator? 4.6L V8, the cheapest place by me is Autozone for 149.99. Any other places I should look?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rockauto.com

thank you

i believe this will get you a 5% discount

quoted from a rock auto rep

"Discount Code: EF111EEEFAD1

Please enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear about Us’ box to receive discount.

Expires: 12/14/2011

RockAuto.com is an online auto parts store founded in Madison, Wisconsin in 1999 by the Taylor family. RockAuto.com now ships thousands of auto parts from over 100 manufacturers to customers on every continent except Antarctica.

The www.RockAuto.com catalog is updated daily with mechanical parts like brake pads and shock absorbers, body parts like bumpers and mirrors, interior trim like door handles and carpets, and major assemblies like steering gears, CV axles, and engine long blocks. Service manuals and CDs are available to help customers learn how to perform a repair. The www.RockAuto.com catalog is expanding constantly. Someday it may be possible to build an entire car using parts from RockAuto.com!

RockAuto.com prices are low every day! Order online at www.RockAuto.com 24 hours a day. Parts are conveniently delivered to your door. Have parts questions that must be answered accurately? RockAuto.com has excellent customer service agents ready to help you get the parts you need. E-mail service@rockauto.com or call Toll Free, 1-866-762-5288. (7am to 10pm Mon-Thurs, 7am to 9pm Fri, 8am to 4pm Sat -Sun, Central Time)."

Low price place to buy a oem Alternator? 4.6L V8, the cheapest place by me is Autozone for 149.99. Any other places I should look?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Try Advance Auto Parts stores. You can get a $40 off a coupon at www.couponcabin.com for a purchase over $100 which an Alternator will cost. Get the coupon code from coupon cabin, order the part from the Advance Auto Parts web site, apply the coupon code during ordering and the discount will be applied at checkout, and select your nearest store for picking up the part and you're done. The Advance web site will also let you know if the part is in stock at that store. You can usually pickup your parts in 30 mins to an hour after ordering online. BTW, if you do order from Advance Auto, print the final checkout page and bring it with you to the store. They may ask to see it.

Thanks guys...There's and advance auto across the street from the auto zone I went too. I just had too put in a new battery last night, It was the original battery. And with a warm motor it was pulling 13.2 to 13.6 volts on the new battery at idle. I've heard that the explorer's adjust its volt output. So I have no idea if this is true or just bs. I'm going to get a new alternator, and put it aside just in case. It doesn't look too bad to put in, only 4 bolts.

Back