Alto, Texas July 4th Weekend | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Alto, Texas July 4th Weekend

Epsn1095.jpg

Site Map

map.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I recognize the light blue Early Bronco that is barely showing in the pic of the over turned truck. I've got pictures of it in the mug bog. I think he broke his front axle trying to do the mud drag.

Here he is at the starting line.

Attachments

• 03010017.jpg
    03010017.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 131

in the mud pit

Attachments

• 03010020.jpg
    03010020.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 145

being pulled out of the mud pit.

Attachments

• 03010022.jpg
    03010022.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 151

Look at them chocolate donuts!

If I remember right, his front tires weren't turning when they were pulling him out.

Attachments

• 03010023.jpg
    03010023.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 148

modified taco leaving the rock garden.

Attachments

• 03010089.jpg
    03010089.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 146

This is about all the farther I could get up this muddy hill. When I was backing back down, my brakes locked up and and I still slid about 15 to 20 feet backwards. Out of control going backwards is a scary feeling. LOL

Attachments

• 03010145.jpg
    03010145.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 143

I don't remember what the name of this area is, but even the highly modified rigs where having trouble with their lines.

Attachments

• 03010203.jpg
    03010203.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 126

another shot of this area and an elongated Jeep.

Attachments

• 03010217.jpg
    03010217.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 139

the modified taco looking for a doable line.

Attachments

• 03010220.jpg
    03010220.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 133

I looked through the photo albums and it's a whole lot "O" Red Neck'n goin' on thar! ;)

Come on John, what else have you got to do, thumb around in Houston traffic?
I'm glad to be as far away from that place as possible, way too many people and traffic and the such!
Although I do go back there to visit my friends I grew up with from time to time.

LOL - I just noticed that their website page title says "Welcome to SholohRidge".
Spell check baby!

Originally posted by SVO
Come on John, what else have you got to do, thumb around in Houston traffic?
I'm glad to be as far away from that place as possible, way too many people and traffic and the such!
Although I do go back there to visit my friends I grew up with from time to time.
Yeah, the wife and I might make it. As long as I don't kill myself trying to change the gear oil in the front diffy this week. :D

Shiloh Ridge!

"The Humungus" from "Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior" is unmasked and signing autographs!
Get your picture taken with The Humungus next to his Road Warrior offroad beast.

Mvc-559s.jpg

The man ***** aren't as impressive with old age dude!

Looks like there is WAY too much Arkansas in the water at Shiloh!!

The mud chick is cool, but riding a wheeler with no helmet... :rolleyes: Then there's the two red necks in the Sammy about to do an endo with NO SEATBELTS!! :banghead:

And taking a mud bath at a four wheel park is... well... beyond my capacity to comment. I've heard about threaputic mud baths, but I'm not so sure about the theraputic value in mud soaked with tire rubber, gear oil, and who knows what else. :D

I would come but we've got to take the Ex to Amarillo that weekend to pick up our new bed and bring it home.

Originally posted by Johnstone
Shiloh Ridge!

"The Humungus" from "Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior" is unmasked and signing autographs!
Get your picture taken with The Humungus next to his Road Warrior offroad beast.

Mvc-559s.jpg

The man ***** aren't as impressive with old age dude!

Are you sure that's not Kenny Roger's younger brother???

Six Pack Jr.

man, from those pictures, i think i better stay away from alto. for some reason, rednecks and me dont mix.
svo, i feel old man. working 7 days a week will do that to a man's body...been doing it for 4 years now. still i had not seen all the money that i made....uncle sam took it all. lol.

Originally posted by SVO
Are you sure that's not Kenny Roger's younger brother???

Six Pack Jr.
Watch what you say about Kenny Rogers, otherwise my wife is gonna hurt ya. LOL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Johnstone
Watch what you say about Kenny Rogers, otherwise my wife is gonna hurt ya. LOL

Guess it's time for me to "Fold em'" lol! ;)

Update:

Ok as it stands right now, we have 11 people and 8 vehicles (2 heavy wieghts w/winches) that are going to show from the Waco and close surrounding areas, Johnstone has predicted that he would prolly make it, and mabey a few others from the Houston area.

Shilo Ridge has told us that if we came up with 10 or more people that they would just charge us a flat rate of $30 to get in.
You need to let me know so I can get you all in on the $5 off deal!

From thier calander:

FOURTH OF JULY RIDE
$35.00 per ATV/4x4 Truck/Jeep/Dili Bike For 4 days of Camping and Riding Fun
(Over 2 adults per Off Road Vehicle $5.00 per day)

It sure would be nice to have a lot of other people from this board to show up.
If you think you might want to go and haven't made plans or won't decide to go till the last minute, you can give me a holla on my cell phone so I can let you know where we're camping.

Cell# 254-715-7361

Majority of us from the Waco area are leaving out late Thursday night to get a good jump on things, and we won't be leaving till Sunday.

Hope to see more of you all out there, and oh don't worry we'll take lots of pictures and video for all of you that can't attend.

Back