• Register Today It's free!

aluminum rad

cerberusaardvark

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer xlt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Although at that price i might say order it and leave it on the shelf until truly needed

nice

..That's a great price and replacement for a stock radiator..:biggthump

..If you are even thinking about having your radiator rodded out (cleaned) I would put my money into swapping to this radiator...

..Aluminum Radiators are an upgrade from our plastic end capped radiators and can be repaired as opposed to our plastic end caps can not be replaced or repaired if leaking..;)

I've never had a X rad leak. Replaced them a bunch of times but that was for more cooling. That is a good price though. Would have to see what the welds look like though. Don't want it to crack.

id have to contact them to ask how many cores. if its at least two ill buy it. its funny- im finding the stock plastic and alum rads going for more than this one. ill get some little rubber pucks to help with flexing.

Yea i think i paid close to 200 for my new one with plastic tanks. Then i smushed it between my billet grille and the water pump and now both sides leak and made it all wavy and twisted. Bad day for such a kinda expensive investment :(

Back